cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

neurosis89
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3700u P-state limited at P2 and never go back to P0

Ryzen 3700U works in P2 and never go back to P0 after Throttling. That makes my CPU keep working at around 1.3~1.4GHz. 

AMD uProf shows CPU temperature is around 47℃,but when I use AIDA64,it shows CPU temperature is always 75℃,frequently jumps to 47℃ and then jumps back to 75℃,but GPU temperature is 47℃.

How can I solve this problem? Thank you.

0 Likes
5 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

neurosis89, with so little information it is not possible to even speculate what is going on.  Please post your specifications and post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image to your reply.  RM is the only true reporter of temperatures.  If it does not work on your processor (mobile?) then post a screenshot of AIDA64 (tCtl).  What got you into P2?  Please do a Clear CMOS using the instruction in the user manual.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

Thank you. Re-installed my system and the problem has gone,maybe some drivers, softwares, or windows updates lead to it,I don't know exactly,but will try to watch out for it.

0 Likes

After I installed Radeon Software 19.4.1, this issue comes out again, same issue with Version 19.5.1 and 19.5.2, but the default windows driver goes fine. Guess Picasso is not well supported.

0 Likes

neurosis89, I strongly recommend that you report this to AMD Online Support.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us. Not sure how other tools are adjusting the offset referred for each platform. Looks like temperature shown by the tools you mentioned in not correct or without adjusting the offset. Temperature around 47℃ shown by AMDuProf looks okay to me.

For the other issue regarding pstate, you may contact Customer Support team.

Thanks

0 Likes