Processors

danilo94
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3600x b450 tomahawk max Cpu temp loop

Hi everyone,
I have the problem described below with my new builted pc:

- motherboard: b450 tomahawk max

- cpu: ryzen 3600x

randomically, sometimes at pc startup and sometimes when I finish playing, the cpu temperature enter in a sort of infinite loop in which the cpu temperature starts from a value (eg. 45C) and decrease in a few seconds to another value (eg. 35C), and this continue indefinitely, starting from 45 and going down to 35. Consequently the cpu fan increase and decrease following the cpu temp. I attached a small video that shows the problem

The loop stops immediately if I switch to the silent profile performance and then switching again to the balanced profile (through the MSI dragon center software). If I do this the cpu temperature stops immediately to a fixed value.
All drivers are updated with the latest driver uploaded in the support page of the motherboard, and also the bios is updated.

Could you please help to find out if it's a software or hardware problem?
  Thanks in advance to everyone

EDIT: maybe the problem is related to cpu voltage, and so consequently there is a strange behavior of the cpu temp

0 Likes
6 Replies

I would temporarily uninstall MSI Dragon Center and download the latest version of Ryzen Master and see if the same thing occurs.

See what Ryzen Master is showing if it starts going into that loop you mentioned.

Here is the latest version of Ryzen Master for your 3600X processor: https://www.amd.com/en/support/cpu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-5-desktop-processors/amd-ryzen-5-3... 

0 Likes

Unfortunately no results, I also tried just today a fresh install of windows 10 without install  dragon center and exactly the same behavior

This is a video that shows the problem in dragon center, before that I unistall it:

Cpu loop - YouTube 

0 Likes

Truthfully, in my opinion, it just seems to be normal CPU fluctuations at idle.

What does Ryzen Master show when you believe it is in a loop?

Maybe some other Users more experience with Ryzen Processor can be of better help.

Open an Online AMD Service Request (Official AMD SUPPORT) and asked them if that is normal for a Ryzen Processor from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

I can ensure you that there is anything that can make the cpu at idle. Now making some test I noticed that this problem happens at EACH time that I REBOOT windows (only  reboot, not shutdown). And to stop it it's very simple, switch to silent mode and return immediately to balanced, and the cpu stays ad 33-36C without flutuations. Ryzen master shows the same behaviour when this happen

0 Likes

Agreed,Normal 

if this was normal why changing profile and returning to balanced stop it immediately?

0 Likes