Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Ryzen 3600 random reboot (another one)

As many users I'm facing same issues and I'm running out of ideas. Reboots occurs randomly, couldn't find any relation with software or hardware usage, reboots can occur during gaming or simply googling.

Always same error in the event log: Machine Check Exception Processor Core. WHEA-Logger

What I have tested:

- Reinstall Windows

- Un plug frontal USB and Audio from motherboard.

- Passed Memtest without errors

- Passed OCCT without errors

Hardware:

AMD Ryzen 3600

MSI B550 Gaming Plus

RAM Corsair Vengance PRO 2x8GB 3200

Asus Radeon RX 580 DUAL

SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO

PSU Mars Gaming MPII 850

Any ideas?

Thanks

23 Replies
Highlighted
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

Re: Ryzen 3600 random reboot (another one)

Have you tried updating the BIOS and using the system BIOS in factory settings without any changes?

For finding the problem, such systems should be tried using a single module RAM and only a SATA (not M2) disk. It should be tried without anything unnecessary attached to the motherboard. Restart problems are hardware failures... So you need to find the cause of the failure.

Also what is your PSU... Not very obvious. It doesn't look like a quality product. A system can remain as stable as its weakest link.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

I forgot to say another tests:

- I used this DIGITUS: DIGITUS - Products to test PSU and every parameter seems OK, no warning reported.

- BIOS and Drivers updated to latest version.

- BIOS has default values

I have replaced RAM with 2X4GB g.skill ripjaws v red ddr4 2400 lets see if this is the problem... Still testing with OCCT

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

There is a new chipset driver just posted a couple days ago. Did you try it yet?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Honestly it usually comes down to either the GPU or the Processor with these errors. I see this error a lot with the Navi GPUs and many of those users go to another card and the problem disappears. However when the issue is with other GPUs it seems more often to be a faulty CPU causing the issue. If by chance you had a green team card you could try to see if that helps eliminate a variable. If not, you might want to RMA that CPU. If they ask if you have used PBO, XMP or DOCP say nope only defaults as they like to void your warranty for using those features. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

This reddit thread has many users involved where replacing the CPU seems to fix the issue. 

3800X random reboots with WHEA-Logger event ID 18 : AMDHelp 

another

Cache hierarchy error : AMDHelp 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

You need to try a different PSU. This is not because the PSU is faulty. It may also be helpful to remove unnecessary hardware that is not used. It may also be helpful to remove the M2 disk and try it. Because the more different port controls you use, the more likely the system will crash.

Also, the problem is not the RAMs. RAM problems do not cause restart.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

These links have nothing to do with the OP's problem. Restart problems do not generate an error message in the task logs. The motherboard or the PSU momentarily cuts power and this problem becomes apparent with high probability. Also the CPU cooler or VRM cooling problems or "chipset cooling problems (for new mobos)" may cause similar errors. With these informations, it is necessary to approach the problem and determine the hardware origin of the problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

pokester‌ Latest version displayed in MSI support is 2.07.21.306 which is installed actually. I'm going to RMA CPU directly to Amazon, and we will see if this is the issue...

mstfbsrn980‌ I think we can discard RAM related problem as memtest with bot RAM didn't report problem. To check the M.2 disk y downloaded crystal disk mark and used the highest values to start the tests, no errors reported neither reboot. PSU still can't be discarded as issue but I haven't another one to test.

pokester‌ Thanks for the links, seems usefull. As I said before, I'm going to RMA CPU.

mstfbsrn980 In this case you are wrong, errors are displayed in Windows event log as I described in the OP.

Thanks you very much to all of you for ansewring.

Highlighted
Grandmaster
Grandmaster

The error message you receive does not cause the restart problem. RAM problems do not cause restart problems. The processor is also unlikely to be faulty. It is very likely that your system will have more than one problem.

Test your system with a good PSU. I did not write to you for your comment.

0 Kudos