cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mcalin
Adept III

Ryzen 3600 Power Plan

Hello, Since the release of Ryzen 3rd Gen CPU my CPU was stuck in boost mode and voltages would not drop below 1.44 for the CPU, i have a solution which works for me below and may work for you also and only involves customizing the Windows Power Saver Power Plan.

This will let your CPU idle around 29 to 33 degrees Celsius at 3200MHz then when under load the CPU will ramp up to its max unlocked speed of 4200MHz, see images below and test with Cinebench Release 20 Single core test.

This has been tested on the Ryzen 3600 but may also work for other 3rd Gen Processors  with similar problems.

SYSTEM IDLE:

Custom-Power-Saver-Plan.png

BEGIN CPU SINGLE CORE LOAD:

Custom-Power-Saver-Plan-26.png

NOW AT MAX CLOCK SPEED.

Custom-Power-Saver-Plan-42.png

15 seconds after the screenshot was taken the voltages in increased to 1.44 and held till end.

NOW SYSTEM RETURNS TO IDLE SPEED AND VOLTAGE AND TEMP!

0 Likes
1 Reply
mcalin
Adept III

92% is the point where i still maintain maximum boost of 4200MHz, below 92% i would not boost so high!

My system maintains temp between 29.c and 32.c at idle and doesn't have 10.c jumps up and down anymore.

Under single core load my CPU maintains around 56.c 

With Ryzen High Performance Power plan you gain approx 70 in the Cinebench score only!

PS: I have tested every other Power Plan including Ryzen Power Plans and this is the only power plan that behaves the way we expect from a CPU

Example:

Windows Balanced Power Plan (Default Settings / System Idle)

Widnows Balanced Power Plan Default.png