Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

arjenpro
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3600 mouse and keyboard randomly disconnect while gaming

Hello

I've built a Ryzen pc a few months ago and since a few weeks I got the following problem;

- when I start playing games the mouse and keyboard (all USB devices it looks like) disconnect and don't get power anymore, there are no lights on the keyboard or mouse, ..

It seems like this happens only while gaming, no issues when doing normal tasks. It also started 3 weeks ago and never happened before.

I tried everything I thought off; update windows, update bios, update amd chipset, turn off usb sleep.

Can someone help me out with this rather weird issue?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Reply
delevero
Adept III

A guess. try to move your mouse and keyboard usb to another usb port in the back of the computer.
I always insert mine in the usb ports in the top and if i remember correctly the usb slot is black or blue )
Be aware that one of the usb slots in the middle of the motherboard is a special one used to update bios.. try to avoid that one )

In rare cases my keyboard do not work when i boot the computer then i pull out he usb of the keyboard and insert it again and then it work as expected ( reason could be my computer is encrypted and i need to enter code before windows load ).
if you have a phone connected that charges while you use your computer then try to remove it and see if that help.
Try to remove other usb devices and see if that will make your mouse and keyboard work.. example remove joystick and usb hubs.
Regarding usb hubs then sometimes these can be defetive and create all kind of issues such as boot isues.. so if you have one try to disconnect it. Example i have a silver colour one named satechi and that one have created issues for me and sometimes blocked the computer from booting..

els i cannot think of any ordinary hardware problems ive had the last 25 years where mouse and keyboard behave as yours.
Maybe try update bios and load default bios values afterwards before you enable xmp for ram and other changes you might do in bios.

My thought is you should try and reinstall your chipset drivers for your motherboard and on one of the first pages you see when you install there is an opotion where you can select to do a fresh install/delete old drivers..  select that if you can see it.. its easy to overlook.   Amd do also have a special amd software removal tool somewhere that you can use and download.. after using it reinstall all drivers

0 Likes