Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

uli93
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3600 idle high temp

https://files.fm/u/4t5drnhhh#/view/3zkdqyp6v 

Welcome, recently i have issue with high temp in idle. I've noticed that 1 core is all the time boosted. 

Need solution for that. I have Amd Balanced Plan On

0 Likes
4 Replies

Please post your computer hardware and software information including Make & models of Motherboard, GPU, CPU, PSU, and RAM installed. Thanks

In Windows Power plan see if your have your CPU Minimum set at 5% and not at its default of around 8x%. See if that makes a difference.

When I first upgraded my PC to a Ryzen system with a Ryzen 3700X, under Balanced Power plan the minimum CPU state was over 80% so I changed it to 5% which seemed to help while in idle.

Also check to see if you have any background program running that might cause your CPU to not be able to idle completely by checking Windows Task Manager.

Also to check to see if your have your CPU Cooler is installed correctly and able to keep your CPU temps within specs, below 95C,  download and run OCCT CPU Test and check the Temperatures during the test. see if it overheats or goes above 95C.

NOTE: Also malware or virus infection could be causing your CPU to not be able to idle completely.

Your CPU at idle temperature is over 60C is very high. So you need to be sure your CPU Cooler is installed correctly and Windows Power Plan and BIOS settings are configured correctly.

0 Likes

Konfiguracja:

PSU:Gigabyte P850GM 850W 80 Plus Gold
Case: MSI Gungnir 110r
AIO: MSI CoreLiquid 240
MOBO: Asus Rog Strix B550-F Gaming
Processor: Ryzen 5 3600
Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V, DDR4, 16 GB, 3200MHz
 Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO, DDR4, 16 GB, 3200MHz
GPU: AMD XFX rx 580 8gb
Nvme: Samsung 970 Evo 500gb

Switching to 5% at first doesn't do anything, but when i switched on my stress test on OCCT show's me max 71 C then i turned off,  my all cores go to like 1500mhz and now i have 40 degrees on idle, its weird.

0 Likes
DJ_Breaks
Adept I

What are your temperatures under load? The cooler is probably not running at very high rpms resulting in high temps on idle. Also what case do you have? That can impact airflow a lot.

In game i have less than 70, Game like RDR 2 on high.

0 Likes