cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

frank95
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3600 high temps and only 4ghz boost

Good morning everyone! I explain, 3 days ago I arrived at my house my new components that are:

Ryzen 3600

AsRock b450m Pro4

LPX corsair 16gb 3200mhz

Cooler Master ML240L

And more things like power supply and box.

The ambient temperature of my room is 30 degrees and outdoors 39.

Everything seems normal until I ride it and I find that the processor is at 45-50 degrees all the time and running at 4ghz. This without any load, when I play around 65 degrees and if I run a load test like cinebench around 75 degrees.

This would not be worrying if you use another kind of heatsink since it is a liquid cooling !!! My fx without load reached 35 degrees and with load 65.

Because from what I see the voltage of the cpu is around 1.4 and the most worrying thing is that it should have 4.2ghz in boost mode not 4ghz as it marks me. It is as if the computer did not know when to use the cpu boost. How could I lower temperatures and solve the boost?

0 Likes
1 Reply
sanketsonu
Adept I

I also have the same issue. Here is my problem Ryzen 5 3600 All game freeze for 1 second after every 60 seconds 

AMD said they will give a new update for this issue as almost all the users are getting the hight temp and less clock speed. AMD will release some updated drivers on 10th Sep 2019 as they promised.

Meanwhile, can you please check if you are getting the same issue along with high temp and clock speed. Like after 30-45mins of usage(Playing Games), I'm getting FPS drop for fraction of sec(like for 1 second) then FPS come back to normal. You have to be very careful while observing this issue. As this happens suddenly for 1 seconds then after exactly 1min, im getting FPS drop for 1sec. Can you please check this. Because you have same climate and pc configuration as i have.

0 Likes