Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

brunitcho
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3600 always on max clock?

Hi guys, good day to y'all =)

I recently bought a whole new computer, with the new Ryzen 5 3600 and a "arsenal gaming" B450 motherboard, that already came with a updated BIOS to use the processor.

When i first turned it on, it was overclockling my cpu and (i assume because of the weak wraith stealth cooler) temperatures where very high and making a "high-low" temp graphic, high spikes every 3 or 4 seconds.

I managed to turn off some options in the BIOS like Precision Boost, game boost and boost overdrive.

Now, my problem is, every now and then my PC does a "hard stutter" of 0,5 to 1,5 seconds (freezes screen video and also sound), and from my searches with CPU-Z, Task Manager and Ryzen Master, my CPU is always at 3600 MHz speed (3,57 GHz with task manager) and it wont go down. I already tried running different Power Options in Windows configs, but to no avail, and i fear that this behavior might damaged my CPU / Motherboard in the long run.

In summary:
- My Ryzen 3600 wont "relax", and is always at max clock speed (3600 MHz).

- Every now and then (Not very often, maybe every 2 or 3 hours) it does a hard stutter.

- I already tried gaming, and it its perfectly normal, wont overheat and is delivering its performance very well.

Can this be an effect of bad hardware, a bad installation of it (like a bent cpu pin or scratched Motherboard), a necessity of a BIOS update to the newest one? (By the standards os brazilian market, i assume its still the first BIOS released for the new chipset, but i dont know how to check)

Anything that can help this problem of mine is very welcome!

Config:

Ryzen 5 3600 (box cooler)

MSI B450 "arsenal gaming"

2x Corsair vengeance pro rgb 3200mhz (16gb total)(Intel tested)

MSI 1070 ti Titanium (or something like this)

WD SN500 M.2 NVMe (with OS installed)

Seagate 2TB HDD

750W 80+ Gold Corsair Power supply

0 Likes
11 Replies