Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

DoomWarriorX
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3400GE with 4 DDR4 dual rank @2933 causes errors in MemTest86

Hi,

I have running a X370 ITX with a 3400GE for some time. I switched to a newer B550 board with 4 DDR4 slots. Now the system starts to freeze after short useage. Since it could run for days even on 100% cpu, but couldn't run a game for a hour or so. I started MemTest86.

The system was constantly having issues with Test 7 and 8. I tuned down the timings 2133 ok (after 4 passes), 2667 ok (after 4 passes), 2933 (not ok after first of 4 passes. Tried 3 Times), 2867 (not ok after third of 4 passes. Second run after second of  passes)

I wonder what is the official supported memory speed of an 3400GE. The CPU list states "maximum" of 2933. I'm aware that ZEN1 had a list of speed compatibility decreasing with dual rank and slots. Since i can't find any documentation on the AMD site I assumed this wasn't true for Zen1+ - so I a newer board with more slots. Can somebody point me to a documentation about this?

Thanks

0 Likes
7 Replies

Seeing as the 3400ge is an oem product, there could be compatibility issues with other mobo/ram setup.

Is ram modules/processor listed on the b550 compat. lists.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

yes is supported

0 Likes

Just for reference the table of Ryzen (I assumed Zen) from the ATX X370 manual of biostar board:

MaximumDIMMA1DIMMA2DIMMB1DIMMB2
DDR4-2667--SR----
DDR4-2667--DR----
DDR4-2667--SR--SR
DDR4-2400--DR--DR
DDR4-2133SRSRSRSR
DDR4-1866DRDRDRDR
0 Likes

Goodplay,  I presume was referring to your motherboard's QVL List for your APU processor which determines which RAM MEMORY is compatible with both the motherboard and APU tested by the manufacturer of your motherboard.

The QVL list might be out-dated but it will show if the RAM is compatible to be overclocked or in how many DIMM Slots on the motherboard or what RAM speed it supports.

You can also go to the RAM Manufacturer and see if it is compatible with your Motherboard and processor.

0 Likes

Thanks I'm aware what Goodplay was suggesting. Both RAM and CPU are supported. In all slots and the RAM is capable of doing 3200 with its base profile. But the list of memory does not suggest the speed setup for a specific cpu.

I found this chart, guy claims to have a amd source, so semi official at best and for non-APU:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/blog/2018/06/06/2nd-Gen-AMD-Ryzen-Supported-RAM-Speeds-1175/

0 Likes

What is the Make & Model of your Motherboard and RAM Part number?

0 Likes

thanks for try to help me. But I don't want to discuss my specific setup. I want to know if there is a offical recommendation table available from AMD for the Ryzen 3000G(E)-series as it was available for Ryzen 1000-series.

0 Likes