cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gilbylionska
Adept I

Ryzen 3400G always runing bellow minimum boost clock and never reach max boost clock 4.2

hello everyone,

its bad news and i have no idea whats wrong with my Ryzen 3400g, i realized its never reach the maximum boost clock whic is its 4.2 Ghz, when i take some strees test its just do with 4.0 Ghz .

what i did to solve this :
1. im using new Adrenaline driver (its not working)
2. i try downgrade the BIOS (its not working)
3. reinstall windows 10 (its not working)
4. checkin the temperature and its pretty good like 34 degrees when idle, and 71 degrees while heavy gaming. (its normal right)
5. using default BIOS setting (its not working)
6. using xmp to default (its not working)
7. using "perfomance mode" with minimum prossesor 100%

strees test with cinebench R20strees test with cinebench R20Screenshot 2022-01-05 002044.pngis thatsScreenshot 2022-01-13 074516.png

is that normal 2667 MHz?

tell me if get same issue and how to solve this or how its can be like this ?

this my specification :
Ryzen 3400G
Asrock A320M HDV R.4
BIOS version P4.00
Radeon RX 5500 XT
Adrenaline version 22.1.1
RAM 2666 Mhz
PSU corsair cv 650 watt

0 Likes
2 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

What are  you using to cool your 3400g? If you don't have adequate cooling, you are less likely to hit higher boost clocks nor sustain those clocks.

..that also included good air flow in your case. You have to keep your VRM's and memory cool too.

What is the rated speed of your RAM? 3200 would be ideal for your chip. I ran a 3400g in my wife's setup with 4 x 8gb sticks at their rated 3200 speed (ASUS B350 Prime Plus) . I even ran 2 x 16GB 2666 rated stuff at 3200 with her current 5600x (ASRock B550m Phantom Gaming 4).

Updating your BIOS to latest may help with RAM compatibility 

AMD recommends "Balanced Mode" for their chips for best performance 

Your Asrock A320M HDV R.4 is not the most robust board out there either as far as VRM's and build quality.. of which can come into play with how your CPU and memory performs

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

gilbylionska_0-1642133681645.png

im using this for my cooling. about the VRM, yes when im start using this after market cooling maybe some VRM doesnt get good airflow or not getting fresh air from the cooling. but im trying with open case, its doesnt work, still never reach 4.2 Ghz

Im setting my RAM as default its 2666 MHz, but i was using 3000 MHz, 2 x 8 GB 2666 Mhz. its was ok before even its 2666/3000. but now i have no idea whats wrong with this.

yeap i will update my BIOS version to the lastest.

ok will try ur tips to using "Balance Mode" 

i just wanna tell you this, maybe it will make it more clear :
my pc was freezing while gaming, and i have too force restart my pc, after that its noot booting, its can't booting properly, when im trying pull out / unplugged the cpu fan, its working, its booting normal. but its still do with under minimum base clock.

thank so much for responding by the way. i appreciate that, i will send you the resulst soon

0 Likes