cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Yupyup122
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3 to Ryzen 5 3600

I am trying to update my processor in my desktop.  From Ryzen 3 to Ryzen 5 3600.  When I go to boot the computer, the fans spin and sound like it is booting up but I do not see anything on my screen.  My motherboard is an ASUSTeK Prime B350M-E.

Any help would be amazing!

0 Likes
3 Replies

First. please post your computer information plus you didn't mention your Ryzen 3 CPU is it one with Integrated Graphics?  If not be sure you have your Monitor's video cable connected to your GPU card.

Make sure you have the minimum BIOS verison 4801 or newer installed on your Motherboard otherwise it won't boot up.

Also check Asus Support QVL List for RAM Memory for the 3rd Generation processors or the manufacturer of the RAM you have installed to make sure it is compatible with Matisse processors and Motherboard: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-B350M-E/HelpDesk_QVL/

Screenshot 2021-01-31 123325.png

Once you are able to boot into Windows install the latest AMD CHIPSET for your motherboard. Download either from AMD Download page or your Motherboard's Download page and install whichever CHIPSET is the latest.

beat me to it  

0 Likes
kurdtnz
Adept III

Which 'ryzen 3' were you using? As you may of needed to do a BIOS update switching cpu's.

0 Likes