I have this new build of a RYZEN 3 and an ASRCOK A 320 with windows 10x64 and half of the cores are not working and even not showing in windows.
When I open the task manager it shows only 2 cores and 2 processors but when I get into the windows devices manager it shows the 4 processors as working correctly.
I tried to fix it via MSconfig but it only detects 2 cores.
I updated the UEFI.
I updated the controllers.
I tried to unlock them via Ryzen master but it says "The stopped cores quantity is lower than the actual and cannot be applied. Energy cycle is required"
I've been having this issue since the very beggining and it's been working like this for about a month.
Thanks for your time and I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear. English is not my main language.
I just solved this. I did a lot of things so I'm not sure about what exactly was the thing that worked.
I updated all of the controllers via driver booster. What was weird about this is that even if the chipset controller stated that it was updated it stated also that it was from 2009.
I reboot and nothing happened. Then I got into MSCONFIG again and deactivated the start off processors (it only counted two). Saved, applied the changes and then reboot the PC.
I have done this before but it never worked, however, when the PC turned on again there were all of the 4 processors showing in the task manager and basically everywere for the first time and all of them working.
I think that probably it worked this time because of the updates but I still have no idea of what just happened
I hope this is useful for someone else.
I know, that was the actual setup. When I turned the option to 0 it showed a message that stated "The stopped cores quantity is lower than the actual and cannot be applied. Energy cycle is required" and there was no way to apply that.
I already solved it and posted how but my message is still being review by a moderator.