Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

newrealmz
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3 3200g Stuttering in-game/streaming video

Hello All,

Been building pcs for awhile and never had an issue like this. CPU is Ryzen 3 3200g.

First time coming to forums and needing help.

2 issues are occurring, 1 was solved by switching to 16 gig of ram instead of 8, and the 8 was slower frequency as well.

Windows was being unstable and would lock up for 1-5 seconds, and eventually come back.

Never got a bsod during those tests. After switching to 16 gig ram/3600 speed, figuring this would fix all the issues, it only fixed locking up/hanging in windows.

When I play games or stream video on any browser, I get a 1 sec freeze or lock up, and a very loud audio glitch. (sounds like a dub step song or the classic system freezing sound.) The glitch is very random, I have gone now a full day with out it happening, too now today its happening 1-2 times per hour. 

Clean windows 10 install, ccleaner scan and reg fix. Freshly installed Chipset, Audio, and FX driver, all windows updates completed. (built many pcs and work in tech, nothing really stumps me lately but this Ryzen 3 3200g)

Fixes I have tried:

-Settings ram speed manually in BIOS. its 19-20-20-40 1.35v

-Setting CPU to 3.5 and 3.4 manually. It seemed to hold to core clocks better in games when testing with Riva tuner, but the lag spike still occurs.

-Ram voltage to 1.35v

-XMP profile will not load with this ram in the Gigabyte BIOS, i have to reset bios manually just to get back in.

I have tried disabling the quiet cool option/cstate/coreboost options under additional frequency options in the bios, had no affect.

-Set Virtual Memory in manually in windows. had no affect.

-All the power option tricks. (Hard drive turn off option to never, link state management off, high power mode, ryzen balanced mode)

-DDU wipe and fresh install of audio and video driver with comp not plugged into internet.

-Flashed BIOS

-Tried 2 motherboards and 3 sets of ram kits. Same issues.

Speccy:

pastedImage_2.png

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C19D-16GVRB

Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450M DS3H AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

If you want any more screenshots or run another program please I am willing to try anything. I've searched and tried all fixes i can find. I really thought buying 3600 speed ram would fix this, but it seems to have only taken care of windows being stable. its just this 1 sec hang and freeze I get in games/streaming.

Final thoughts:

-Is cpu bad? dont think so it seems to be very memory related and soo have my pc friends said too.

-What 8x2 16gig Memory Kit should i buy next if that is next thing to try. (Newegg link would be awesome)

-Power supply is Corsair CX 500, could this be root of all these issues, and i need stronger one? im only running 5 120mm fans and all air cooled in case.

-I have checked temps, re-seated processor and cleaned off heatsink perfectly before re-seating again)

-I am back at stock bios for now.

-The Power Supply and FX card is from previous build and never had issues.

-When games are running they are perfect and 100 fps+ in alot of games. (WoW, Overwatch, Doom Eternal is the games I am testing on, and its all same thing. Plus its same wierd glitch when i watch streaming video)

-I'm using an older Acer monitor that is an old faithful. Want to upgrade, but want to build a working pc first.

0 Likes
2 Replies
mccharle
Elite

hello newrealmz,

can you check and try :

first step, be sure to have latest BIOS and drivers version,

- BIOS F50 - "Before updating BIOS to this new version, you MUST follow the steps as detailed under BIOS F40 discription."

- AMD chipset drivers 2.04 from AMD website.

- NVIDIA drivers 445.87.

- Realtek AUDIO 8924.1 Gigabyte (Realtek HD Audio (UAD) Drivers Version R2.8x (8924.1) WHQL (Gigabyte) )

- Realtek LAN 10.039 compatible with latest Windows 10 version (Realtek PCIe FE / GBE / 2.5G / Gaming Ethernet Family Controller Software - REALTEK )

second step,

- only one stick of memory on A2 slot with 2133MHz default settings

- only boot drive connected

Have you SSD and HDD connected when you installed windows ?

Windows installed on SSD ?

Check for any swap file, cache system or backup file running on HDD. I already seen windows installed on SSD with swap file on HDD.

Good luck

It was the Back Up HDD.

I don't know how when I never had it connected during install of windows. and I have done that routinely for a long time. I guess a file like you described ended up on there, but I didn't see it.

I have since reloaded windows and its fine now just using the single SSD and no back up drive.

I guess lesson learned. Thanks, huge help and saved my new build!

0 Likes