cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

r0gues4int
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3 3100 and Radeon RX 5500 XT Hang/freeze, black screen then reboot.

Hey, this is my first time building a PC and at some point I started to have this issue, my specs are :

AMD Ryzen 3 3100

MoBo : Gigabyte A520M DS3H

Ram : 2*8Gb XPG TUF GAMING ALLIANCE 2666 MHz

GPU : Radeon RX 5500 XT 4GB Gigabyte

PSU : Gamefactor 650W 80+ Bronze

I already tested :

RAM everything ok

OCCT everything ok

Updated BIOS to the latest version

Latest version of AMD chipset and Adrenaline app

Differents benchmarks everything ok

Only windows throws me errors about Kernel power 41 (63), WHEA Logger id 18 and a lot of distributedCOM errors.

I have tried every fix of a lot of people and still not getting a fix. I'm getting really frustrated here :(.

If u guys need any screenshot, feel free to ask for it, I'll share a new one.

7 Replies

https://youtu.be/nHd0065duKE     

make sure to read description 

this is your fix we all though that RX5700 have this problem but it is look like all the AMD card have the same problem and that coming from the software not the card itself . 

0 Likes

Did everything but still having a lot of crashes and more often haha. 

Checked the minidump file and I got this.

Sin título.png

0 Likes

You got black screen alot or crash?

If it is crash when you on desktop check if you can open amd software if not restart the computer then check it. It should fix it after the restart. 

Remember if you got crashed to desktop check if you can open the software if you could not restart the computer that mean your AMD software crashed not the game .  It is happen alot with unreal engine made games especially the one made by unreal engine 4 . 

0 Likes

@taskforce131 wrote:

You got black screen alot or crash?

If it is crash when you on desktop check if you can open amd software if not restart the computer then check it. It should fix it after the restart. 

Remember if you got crashed to desktop check if you can open the software if you could not restart the computer that mean your AMD software crashed not the game .  It is happen alot with unreal engine made games especially the one made by unreal engine 4 . 

No, I got hang, freeze black screen then goes back to bios then windows boot. like if nothing happened haha. Checked the minidump file and thats the info honestly idk what to do now.

Never crash to desktop. My issue is that i can play everything and never crash, only when alt tab or jjust watching a video on youtube. Computer have to be doing something more than playing a video otherwise it will crash.

0 Likes

Ohh  how much memeory you have on your PC ?  Check and see if your HDD or SSD is working 100% all the time or not. 

That is odd one I never see this one before lol alt +tab = crash 

0 Likes

@taskforce131 wrote:

Ohh  how much memeory you have on your PC ?  Check and see if your HDD or SSD is working 100% all the time or not. 

That is odd one I never see this one before lol alt +tab = crash 

I have 16 gb and they doing good i guess :c

Ill add some screens about my specs with cpu z

spec.png

0 Likes

Check through task manager see the usages of the HDD or SSD that you have .some one had same issue with 6800 his pc is crashing when he watch amazon prime video lol 

It might be couple of things that need to get repair or install I am at work now when I got home I will send the links for you . 

0 Likes