cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

sametim84
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3 2200G issues

Here's the problem, I installed the drivers that came with my mobo and downloaded the ones here​ and everything seems okay until I launch a game of League of legends where i get around 20 FPS at the lowest graphics at 1080p. Upon checking my device manager I notice that there's an error with my display adapter and it says the following "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)." and I literally have no idea what I should do. So far I've tried reinstalling the drivers but it didn't work. What can I do to fix this issue?

My desktop setup:

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-A32M-S2H, BIOS version F23d

Ram: ADATA 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4

PSU: Turbo-X 400W

0 Likes
9 Replies
surfy65
Journeyman III

what is the ram situation on your rig?

0 Likes

I didn't understand your question.

0 Likes
beastmonkey7744
Journeyman III

I fixed the "This device cannot find enough resources" by just updating windows 10. But it didnt help my fps problem. Like you, I downloaded all the drivers but still cant even get 20fps in Oblivion at 800x600 low. idk whats wrong

0 Likes

I fixed the code 12 by installing a new version of windows but still get poor performance compared to benchmarks I see on the internet.

0 Likes

Graphics engine tech (DX version, OpenGL or Vulkan) plays a huge roll in the performance.  Additionally RAM speed plays a clear roll:

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Memory Speed Performance Analysis | PC Perspective

Anyhow that could be part of the issue or it but an option to try is the latest driver (listed as "Beta") available via ASRock.  They have 17.40.3765_WHQL for the Ryzen 2000 Series APU's.  I was directed to the existence of such by AMD Support this morning for another issue.

Download here (scroll to the bottom): ASRock > AB350 Pro4

0 Likes

For Ryzen APUs you absolutely NEED to have 2 memory sticks in Dual Channel mode.

The performance difference between using 1 RAM stick with 8GB, and 2 sticks with 4GB is up to 50%. And you also need to make really sure that the ram is in Dual Channel mode. This is basically what makes the difference. If your RAM is not in Dual Channel mode, then you won't get the full performance out of the APU.

Always buy RAM "kits" for APUs. ie, if you want 8GB total ram, then get two identical 4GB sticks, and if you want 16GB, then get two identical 8GB sticks.

The ram stick needs to be the same, so try to purchase a kit which already comes in pairs. This is to make sure both ram sticks have the same speed and timings, because if they don't, Dual Channel mode won't be enabled. If you buy 2 very different ram sticks, they will work in Single Channel and you won't see the performance improvement while running games.

For extra details check this article:

Build a Ryzen 3 2200G Fortnite Gaming Computer With a $350 Budget (2018) | LevelSkip

And check around minute 2 in this video, where you can see the huge performance difference between Dual Channel, and Single Channel ram.

2400G Delid FAIL | Single Channel Vs. Dual Channel DDR4 Memory for Ryzen OCed 2200G & 2400G APUs - Y...

0 Likes

can you tell what version of windows 10 you used? i've been dying to know that

0 Likes

Just a regular windows 10, with the latest April 2018 Update. It needs to be fully updated to the latest version or the driver won't be correctly installed. (this happened to me)

0 Likes
jaeckob
Journeyman III

We have the same issue

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-A32M-S2H, BIOS version F23d

Ram: ADATA 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4

We have the same set up & i cannot resolve this error 12 issue. BTW, my cpu is brand new. I have installed al drivers on the AMD website, then i check the status no more yellow exclamation point in device manager & it says "your device is functioning properly" but if restart my cpu its going back to error 12. How i wish someone here can resolve this ='(

0 Likes