Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jetgirl34
Adept I

Ryzen 3 2200G + 16GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3000 with Asus B350M

Hello,

i have a Ryzen 3 2200G + 16GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3000 with Asus B350M Board. The Problem, only 1 Kit is acceptet, if i put 2 Kits RAM in, the speed is only 2133mhz and will not run with 3000mhz, how can i fix it? i tried to set up the paratmeters from the ram manuell in the bios but it won't boot with 3000mhz, only with 2133Mhz. If i am remove one Kit, then it runs with 3000mhz. DOCP Profil is only working when i have 2 Moduls in the board, but when i put 4 modules with the same ram speed in it won't boot with 3000mhz.

Why?

The bios version is the latest i installed.

Thanks for help.

Bye

0 Likes
7 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

jetgirl34, I do not know what DOCP is but I suspect its ASUS's version of XMP.  If there is a real version of XMP in your BIOS, please use that.  Please DL and run the free version Thaiphoon Burner and post the screenshot here - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  I will post a link if you like but it will delay my reply from minutes to days (especially weekends).  By two kits, do you mean 2x8GB sticks for a total of 16 GB or 4x4GB?  Please post your power supply, OS and Video card.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hello misterj,

yesterday i got the Ram to 2866mhz after i removed some hdds, but if i am starting the computer it goes on and off twice, then the os (ubuntu 18.10) starts, unfortunadely the windows 10 prof 64bit crashed and i couldn't repair it. i think i have to reinstall it. i have 4 Modules DDR 4 Ram 3000mhz in the slots now.

my recent system is:

Bequiet BN242 SystemPower 8 80+ PC ATX Power Supply 600W

2 * SSD Drives Ubuntu 18.10 + Win 10 64bit prof (which is broke now)

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G (APU)

I have only a APU without a separate Video Card inside but a hauppauge tv card

Thank you.

Jetti

0 Likes

Thanks, jetgirl34.  Can you install W10 long enough to run Thaiphoon Burner and post a screenshot?  How about XMP in your BIOS - see any?  No OCing, just a running system to see the profiles in the SPD data in the memory.  Not sure you will get to 3000 MHz, but obviously you can get well beyond 2133 MHz.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

hi,

xmp is docp in the asus b350m boards, its the same. i looked in the bios and change the mhz into 2800, the restard process is ok now. i put the cpu clock to 3500mhz - no overclocking. i think it has something to do with my power supply and the mainboard, so i will leave the configuration, i have profile 1 in the docp (xmp) and 2800mhz - now its stable. i'd better leave it now.

thank you bye

0 Likes

Thanks, jetgirl34.  If it is stable and most important is that you are happy, then go with it.  I would like to say, I do not think DOCP is equivalent to XMP.  I suspect DOCP is an invention of ASUS, certainly not AMD.  All my MBs (all AMD) have used XMP but I have never used ASUS.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
evolution73
Adept I

With the 2000g series, if you run RAM in all 4 slots,it will only run at the stock speed (2133). You cannot overclock RAM (Which is what 3000mhz is) in that set up. Its a limitation of the B series chipsets.

And yes, DOCP  (Dram Over Clock Profile)  is AMD's version of Intel's XMP.

0 Likes

Really, evolution73?  Please tell us where this is written.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes