cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Ryzen 3 1300x OC's to 3.8Ghz at 1.285 V, but after shutting down/sleep underclocks to 1.5Ghz

The chip is paired with a EVGA GTX 1060 3GB, MSI-VDH-PRO-B350M Mobo.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: Ryzen 3 1300x OC's to 3.8Ghz at 1.285 V, but after shutting down/sleep underclocks to 1.5Ghz

The CPU clock is dynamic so it will jump around depending on the P state and the CPU load

when loaded it will move up to full speed and when saturated it will activate the boost clocks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 3 1300x OC's to 3.8Ghz at 1.285 V, but after shutting down/sleep underclocks to 1.5Ghz

loading up a game does not do this. its still clocked around 1.5Ghz. Insurgency for example, i get over 200 frames when OC. earlier when i tried to play it i barley got 60. this could however be a setting in the bios i need to fix?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

i get over 200 in the menu of Insurgency, not the actual game, my bad lol.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Try disabling C-state in the bios and see if that works and also Windows Fall Creator's update seems to fix a lot of these issues, I suggest you update if you haven't already and also turning off Cool&Quiet seems to help and try setting your power plan to high performance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

I suggest checking for a BIOS update weekly to see if the developers have figured it all out yet

0 Kudos