cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

nick74
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3 1200 core temps

Just bought a ryzen 3 1200 and as i monitor the temps i see temp 6 (119 degC - TMPIN6) and temp 8 (112 dagC - TMPIN8). Is this normal? Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Download and install Ryzen Master and see what Temperature it shows for your Processor.

The Maximum Operating Temperature for your processor is 95C. This means when the temperature of the processor starts reaching or by passes 95C it will start to automatically throttle (Lower the speeds) to reduce the Temps back to 95C or below.

That is the most important temperature (TJmax) you should be concerned about. If your processor is running above 80 - 85C under load then you need to see why the processor is running so hot.

Otherwise I wouldn't worry about those other CPU Temperatures unless the TJmax is high under Idle or load conditions as shown by Ryzen Master or HWinfo type monitoring software.

EDIT: found this Forum Thread at a tech site where a User is making the same complaint about the same TMPIN6 and TMPIN8 running hot: Very high TMPIN6 and TMPIN8 temperatures | AnandTech Forums: Technology, Hardware, Software, and Dea... 

0 Likes