cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

samanny
Adept II

RYZEN 2700X WRAITH PRISM COOLER hitting 95 Degrees at 30% Usage

I am making this post after going through a lot of other threads/posts and my temps are higher than anyone talking in those posts. (Both on reddit and on other websites)

I just got my new PC Built. It was custom built by the electronic store. I had gotten 3 work PC's built from them never had issues like this, they were all intel.

But my personal PC, I went with AMD. Here are my Specs/ Components. I didn't want to mess up cabling and never done a build before so I let them assemble it for $100 and they gave my 1 yr warranty.

Specs

1. Cooler Master MasterBox MB600L Gunmetal Black ATX MidTower , 1 Exhaust Fan at the Rear, No Intake Fan.

2. AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core,16 Threads, UNLOCKED, up to 4.3 GHz Max Boost, Socket AM4, with Wraith Prism Cooler, 20MB total Cache ,105W TDP ,Extended Frequency Range (XFR) in the presence of better cooling.

3. Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB GDDR6 Graphics Card

4. G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series Black DDR4 Desktop Memory 3200Mhz (2 x 8GB) 16GB RAM CL16 1.35v F4-3200C16D-16GVKB 16-18-18-38

5. ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX Form Factor For AMD Ryzen

6. Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2 (2280),NVMe SSD r/W**(Max) 3,500MB/s/3,300MB/s,**

7. Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W 80Plus Gold Fixed Cable Power Supply

The temps I recorded were using Ryzen Master. The ambient temp of the room was about 24.5-25 deg C.

Now the problem is that my CPU idles at 45-55 deg C. And when I took the side panel off it went done by 5 Deg, so I know I can improve the airflow a bit. When I'm browsing the internet, it jumps to between 60-70 degrees C. I did Cinebech, it went up to 75-80 deg C and using aida64 it was hitting 85-95degree C. Also the CPU speeds were well below 2300MHz.

So, I shut it down and let it cool, played Battlefield 4 (its pretty old game so I thought my temps would below) and I played it for 5 -10 minutes at Ultra setting, my CPU shows 30% usage, the clock speeds well below 3200Mhz and temperature hitting 90-95 degrees C. Fan speed 2600- 3100rpm.

What am I doing wrong, the top of my case was so hot I couldn't keep my hand on it for more than 5 seconds. Since I didn't build it myself I didn't wanna remove the stock cooler and see the thermal paste (might void warranty not sure will check) as people are suggesting in other posts. But even then no one is getting 95Degrees C for such an old game and at 30% usage.

Please help, temps are just too high and I don't know where to start, have I made mistake by going to AMD? Is my case just too shitty, what's happening.

And the cooler is shaking my desk by revving up and down, even when moving a mouse, opening firefox, etc.

0 Likes
27 Replies