cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hishik
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2700x, on MSI x470 Gaming Plus, throttles to .600mhz unless prochot is disabled in Ryzen Master, all temps are good. Faulty motherboard?

Anyone with any experience with this?

0 Likes
7 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

hishik, I strongly recommend against disabling PROCHOT!  You should never need to do this unless you really wish to fry you processor.  Please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  I suspect this also voids your warranty.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

pastedImage_3.pngpastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

All temps are within safe ranges, it seems more like a bug than anything.

0 Likes

Thanks, hishik.  Do you have fans with speed signals plugged into all the fan headers marked CPU - names like CPU-FAN1 or CPU_Pump?  What are you setting manually?  Why are you in Manual Mode?  Please post your system specifications.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Cpu fan is plugged into CPU_FAN1

I have it manually set to 3.7*

to try and force it not to boot at .600mhz

besides that all setting are running at base clocks, I'm not overclocking the idea of shortening the life span of my components isn't appealing.

It's manually at 1.17 V at 3.7 on all cores, the voltages were jumping up high due to PBO otherwise.

0 Likes

hishik, open you BIOS and see what RPMs your CPU fan is turning.  If you can, take a screenshot of the HW Monitor and post it here.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

My fans spinning at 1000rpm I set it this way, my computer is perfectly cooled it doesn't even reach 80c unless I stress test it.

After stress testing for 5 hours a single component never reaches above 85.15c

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Likes