Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

elstaci
MVP

Re: Ryzen 2700X locks out localhost:8129 on Crosshair Hero VI MB

Hi,

Not sure if any of the info was helpful or not. But as you know, this a Forum where Users try to help other Users with their problems. The Moderators are the only ones that are actually AMD Employees.

This sounds like you need to contact AMD Support via Email from here: Online Service Request | AMD​ .

It is really odd that by just upgrading the CPU will cause a Windows Port to be inaccessible. Seems like this is a Work station computer. Make sure you note that you work for a business environment if that is the case.

Good luck. Hopefully you find your answers.

0 Likes
king_of_pain14
Adept II

Thank you for trying. Unfortunately this is for their server version. Windows 10 doesn't come with IIS server. I did contact their support and a engineer logged on my computer and tried for 6 hours on friday to no avail. So Sunday I put the 1600X back in and it's up and running. I am going to return the cpu as defective and get a replacement. It wouldn't be the 1st time, I had to replace my entire 1st Ryzen purchase MB, memory, and cpu because of memory issues and just weird  behavior. This is the replacement system and has been running ever since. My 2nd system is a carbon copy of this, just custom water cooled. I liked how the 2700X ran out the box, it boosted to 4.35Ghz, ran most of the time at 4.25, 4.0-4.1 while gaming. It did have memory issues, but I thought that had to do with adjusting the memory timings for Ryzen 2. But after doing that they seemed to of continued, but the binding of port 8129 took over and I didn't look into it further. I reset the timings for the 1600X and haven't had an issue.

0 Likes
king_of_pain14
Adept II

No insult intended. I guess it was just miscommunication. Thanks again.

0 Likes
king_of_pain14
Adept II

BTW: My answer to your 1st question is still with the moderator so you haven't seen it. I guess he/she missed it. Sorry about that I am new to this forum.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Cross your fingers that the next 2700X will work as well as the 1600X and the issue wasn't caused by some upgraded CPU instructions or feature on the 2700X.

I did noticed that there was a fairly new BIOS for your motherboard. But I didn't mention it because I have a very strong feeling you already have the latest BIOS installed from Asus Support.

Anyways, at least , you still have your computer up and running as before just not upgraded YET.

By the way, if the new 2700X has the same problem or doesn't you may still might want to let AMD Support know about it. In case other Users open tickets for similar issues.

See ya, If you happen to remember, post back if the 2700X  CPU ;was defective or not for future reference when you install the new 2700X.

0 Likes
stumbler
Journeyman III

Pics loaded just fine for me, sir j : D thanx and enjoy

0 Likes