Processors

needhelp2018august
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2700x error LED on motherboard

Computer Type:  Desktop

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming GV-N1080G1 Gaming-8GD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

Motherboard: Gigabyte x470 aorus Ultra Gaming

RAM: 2 8gb Gskill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C16D-16GTZR. (Currently only 1 stick in)

PSU: EVGA 750W Gold

Hello, I recently bought fresh parts for a new PC build. I've checked and double checked all my connections and reseated everything, but I am still unable to get any display to a monitor or to get it to POST. The LED indicator on the motherboard says "CPU issue." Does anyone know what I can try and do to resolve this? Or is my CPU just DOA?

0 Likes
4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

needhelp2018august, does your Gigabyte manual offer any help?  How about the Gigabyte forums?  At first blush, the MB or Processor would be suspect.  I suggest you remove your processor and examine it carefully for bent pins or TIM where it should not be.  If all looks good, power up with no Video card and no memory to see if the "CPU issue" light is extinguished.  Post your CPU cooler.  Please let us know what you learn.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Your RAM Memory is listed on the Motherboard's QVL List and the minimum BIOS required for your CPU is Version F2.

Do you have the Motherboard ATX 12v plugged in? That is the one that gives  power to the CPU on the motherboard. From your manual:

Concerning the Troubleshooting LEDs on your motherboard:

Just checking the obvious.

how to fix this error please help

0 Likes