cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ajarosz
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2700x doesn't boost more than 3.875Ghz

Hi all, I just got Ryzen 2700x along with Gigabyte X470 Aoris Ultra Gaming, 32GB GoodRam, 750W StraightPowet from beQuiet. I exchanged stock cooler for Grandis 2. The problem is that my processor doesn't boost more that to 3.875Ghz on load. Temps are around 68-69 'C, so there is a room. Max voltage on auto is 1.3. On manual, I was able to set it to 4.1Ghz, with temps around 80, so I don't get why it is not boosting to 4.0 at least.

0 Likes
3 Replies
tekjunkie28
Journeyman III

Did you apply thermal paste? I the cooler mounted correctly?  How are you getting those temps and what program are you using to monitor temps? Whats your ambient temp? Case and case fan setup?

My 2700x boosts to 4Ghz all cores at 60C and 4.35 single core while using stock cooler

0 Likes

Yes- thermal paste is applied - Pactum PT-2 (it came with Grandis 2). Colers is mounted correctly. I use AMD Master and HWMonitor. Ambient temperatures are around 35-40'C. Test was done with Blender - I use it everyday to render interiors. During rendering all cores sets at 3.825. Case is SilentiumPC Aquarius AQ-X70W and I have 2 120mm fans on front and one the back. If temps are too high I'll check my cooler later, because it was all mounted in shop, not by me.

0 Likes

Seems odd. Mine does fine but I also idle at 30c, sometimes even as low at 27c.

0 Likes