cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

thundartheork
Journeyman III

ryzen 2700X compatibility with intel sgx

So I am trying to watch a 4K UHD BluRay (yes, I am a collector) with my Brand New Computer running a Ryzen 2700X, only to find out I can't because of some Intel SGX driver that apparently doesn't have an equivalent on the AMD system.  Anyone know how to fix this issue (without using BitTorrent)? I have enabled SVM and updated the AMD PSP security doo-hickey in device manager and it still doesn't work.  Sooo, any ideas. 

3 Replies

From Intel explaining SGX:

What Is Intel® SGX?

There is tremendous opportunity for application and solution developers to take charge of their data security using new hardware-based controls for cloud and enterprise environments. Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)1 2 offers hardware-based memory encryption that isolates specific application code and data in memory. Intel® SGX allows user-level code to allocate private regions of memory, called enclaves, which are designed to be protected from processes running at higher privilege levels. Only Intel® SGX offers such a granular level of control and protection. 

From another website:

Only Intel Processors have the SGX codes in them. AMD processors  doesn't have it.

White_Lightnin
Journeyman III

Exact same issue, not sure if issue is with the drive Pioneer BDR-XD07UHD or CyberLink Suite 10, need help with this please first chance to watch 3 of my movie collection, I bought a 4K player then realized it was 4K not 4K UHD, getting fed-up with these companies and no gov oversight

0 Likes

Try running Cyberlink Blu-Ray App and see if your computer has the recommended hardware to run Blu-Ray with Cyberlink software.

https://www.cyberlink.com/stat/bd-support/enu/index.jsp

I just downloaded the Blu-Ray 3D advisor and ran it on my new Ryzen build which I upgraded from a AM3+ Motherboard and FX8350 processor:

Screenshot 2020-12-19 122226.png

I have HDR disabled but I don't have a Processor (AMD) that supports Intel's SGX. I do have 2 Blu-Ray burners but seems to be Non-UHD Blu-Ray.

But for regular Blu-Ray play back my computer passes everything :

Screenshot 2020-12-19 122507.png

So basically you need three hardwares to run UHD Blu-Ray:

Intel Processor and a UHD Blu-Ray Player and a compatible GPU card.

0 Likes