cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

delta45
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2700x capped at 3.2 GHz Clock Speed and causing PC to hang

I have a relatively new build, about a month old, and for some reason my ryzen 2700x isn't hitting the speeds it's supposed to be hitting. I this has been causing two problems fro me. The first one is that the GPU getting pretty badly bottle-necked, resulting in seriously reduced frame rates. I also believe that this is causing another issue I've been having with my computer (seemingly randomly) hanging and, while not entirely freezing, effectively not running the processes I'm attempting to run for as long as a minute or two. All my info on the speeds is coming from the Ryzen Master program. I've tried poking around with the software and changing various settings, however I can't seem to get the speed up to expected levels. One thing I've noticed is that the cpu voltage is relatively low, only around .95 to .985, again, according to Ryzen Master, so perhaps there's something going on with that. Unfortunately I'm not experienced enough with overclocking or processor speeds in general to figure out what could be going on here, so any help would be appreciated.

Ryzen 2700x with stock cooler

Asus ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING

Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 Gaming OC

GSkill Trident Z 16GB 2x8

EVGA Supernova 650 G3

A few other potentially important bits of information on the system.

I've run a benchmark in case it provides any useful information

Thermals don't seem to be an issue, as even under load the CPU is rarely getting much above low 40 degrees and the GPU doesn't get much above 70 degrees under load

BIOS version is 4204 and I have the most recent AMD chipset drivers and Nividia drivers

0 Likes
0 Replies