Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

nkdante
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2700x BSoD

Hello,

My PC often got BSOD usually with error code 0x00000154 (and sometimes 0x0000003b) while gaming.

I tried following solutions:

1. sfc scan showed nothing special

2. chkdsk shows no disk failure

3. run couple of tests for RAM - no failure

4. updated Windows, bios, chipset, GPU drivers several times

5. disabled fast boot option

My specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

RAM: 8.0GB x2 Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz (included in QVL)

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS

GPU: NVidia GeForce 1080 Ti

System: Windows 10

PSU: 650W

The only OC I did is set RAM to 3200MHz with default asus profile. It could be problem with memory (i had no issues when run at 2133MHz, but performance is terrible) but again tests showed no problems.

I also think it is possible that the PSU is weak for this setup, but I'm not sure. Please help.

0 Likes
2 Replies

According to this website that shows the minimum recommended PSU for most model of GPU cards, you need a minimum PSU for your computer with a GTX 1080TI is 600 Watts, But your 2700X Processor has a TDP of 105 Watts. PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX 

It is possible under very heavy GPU and CPU loads the PSU may not be strong enough. Download OCCT and run its PSU Test and see what results you get. That should be able to indicate whether your PSU is strong while under heavy stress on the CPU and GPU at the same time.

This Windows Tech site gives tips on how to resolve BSOD error 0x0154 - UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION: UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION error [FIXED by EXPERTS] . Says it is related to faulty Driver.

The BSOD Error 0/03b is also caused by faulty Graphics driver. Same website on tips to resolve that error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Stop Error on Windows 10/8/7 .

Looks like you did most of the steps mentioned in the links I posted. But I would still see if I missed any by reading the links.

Try downloading a previous Nvidia GPU Driver and see if that helps any. Make sure you use DDU in Safe Mode with the internet disconnected and then after you install the new Driver reconnect the Internet. Also delete C:\Nvidia installation folder.

Thanks for the reply. Tried to run PSU test - no problems.

I also found some RAM OC tips with Ryzen master on random forum, tried it and accidentally bricked my PC. Had to remove CMOS to revive it. After that I deleted Ryzen Master and increased my RAM voltage to 1.4V. No BSoDs so far.