cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ent3x
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2700x ASUS TUF B450 Plus, high temps on idle

Hello, a few days ago I assembled a new machine and noticed yesterday that my Ryzen 2700x works in IDLE with quite high temperature (50-55 degrees Celsius). I immediately replaced the Cooler Wraith Prism included in the set to SilentiumPC Fera 3 RGB. After full installation, I noticed that the temperatures only gently went down and the processor voltage has strange fluctuations where it jumps to about 1.40 V.

Through the OC Tweaker in my motherboard (ASUS TUF B450 Plus) I changed the multiplier to x40, which resulted in changing the basic clock frequency to 4GHz but interestingly, the voltage looks much more stable and stays around 1.335 V.

The temperature in IDLE at this moment is about 45 degrees, after running the AIDA64 stress test it reaches up to 84 degrees with the additional option of FPU Stress and Cache Stress. When only CPU Stress option is selected, the temperature has reached a maximum of 65 degrees.

I will only add that I managed to update the bios, and I measure temperatures using Aidy64, Ryzen Master and HWiNFO64. They are all similar.

Has anyone encountered such a problem, any tips?

0 Replies