Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

superspeed
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2700x and Asus X470-F micro freezing issue

Hi Everyone,

i have a question about stability or maybe i am expecting too much.

My system is as follows:

Ryzen 2700x

Asus X470-F latest bios updated

16GB DDR4 Ram **** this is a 4x4 setup 3000mhz gskill Samsung E-Die**** (not QVL but i used ryzen DRAM calc and have it set to a speed of 2933mhz)

MSI ARMOR RX580 8GB

750W Thermaltake Gold Plus Grand PSU

I am having issues where when i am gaming and some times randomly when loading a few things at once i would get a micro system freeze or hang for a couple seconds or so and sometimes i need to hard restart. I am wondering what is everyones bios settings to have this running more stable. My goal is to have the ram run at 3000mhz which i can get it to past a cinebench r15 with no freezing with everything auto except voltage -.0500. Should i be running Level 5 LLC? i am told it helps stabilize the system. I notice when it does freeze the fan slows down and speeds up which sound like a voltage drop or a downclock then when it unfreezes fan speeds up and everything is fine. Any help would be great. If you have some bios settings please post exactly what you have done so hopefully that can help me. Temps are fine no heat issues.

Randy

0 Likes
2 Replies

Try the RAM at default fail safe timings and speed to rule out that issue.

0 Likes

I still get the micro sutter/freeze. I know when its happening when the fan speed drops and when it unfreezes the speed goes back. Almost feels like the speed drops and maybe because of the voltage drop and it having to go back to speed from the drop there is a delay? i did try manual oc to 41.50x and Ram 3000 14/16/16/16/34/50 at 1.35v and vcore 1.425 and it has been stable so far i do get the odd hang say palying a game and alt tab to search something then jump back in game it there would be sort of a delay or pause for a bit then game would fast forward. I am running a 4x4 Single rank 16gb set up so not sure if i should just drop the speed to lower like 2666 or just loosen up the timing. I most benchmarks without issues and temps are well below 80 like 70c avg on all core.

0 Likes