cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mike_mike_19
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2700 - fluctuating temperatures

Hello, I recently got a new R7 2700, X570UD, 16GB of RAM, GTX1050Ti, 250GB SSD, 500GB HDD, Fortis3 CPU Cooler with AC MX-4 thermal paste. Idle temperatures are about 30 C (minimum) and during OCCT maximum temperatures are about 50 C.

The problem is that when using Windows balanced power plan, then I see some fluctuations on the CPU temperatures. Those fluctuations seems to be not present when I use the Ryzen Balanced power plan...

I am attaching some screen shots:

1. Windows balanced power plan (at idle): cpu-load — ImgBB the temps are fluctuating in the 30-41C interval

2. Windows balanced power plan (during internet browsing): cpu-load-1 — ImgBB 

3. Ryzen balanced power plan (at idle): cpu-load-ryzen-power-plan-after-a-while — ImgBB 

1. It is normal to appear some temperature fluctuations when using Windows balanced power plan ?

2. Which power plan should I use for Ryzen 7 2700 ?

Best Regards,

Mike

0 Likes
2 Replies
frits007
Journeyman III

1. yes, why making this post, everything seems VERY NORMAL.....

2. What ever you want from your PC, want to "save the environment" go for balanced, want performance go for the other thingy's

0 Likes

Thank you for the reply and sorry for asking beginner questions.

I saw another "issue":

1. When running OCCT with AVX2 on all cores, the temperature is maximum 50 C. The CPU voltage in this situation is about 1-1.1V and the frequency is about 3.4GHz.

2. When running OCCT with AVX2 on 1 single core, the temperature is maximum 61 C. The CPU voltage in this situation is about 1.45V and the frequency is about 4.09GHz.

The temperatures and voltages were measured using HWInfo64.

Is this temperature difference (50C - all cores vs 61C - one core) normal ?

0 Likes