Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ameen10
Adept I

Ryzen 2600X Ram compatibility check

Hello,

Recently i bought RYZEN 2600X

so i just wanted to make sure that my ram will work with my new build with no problems

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8gb DDR4 3000 Mhz

Model number: CMK8GX4M1D3000C16

So does this Ram work with Ryzen CPUs or not ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
6 Replies
arcticwind
Forerunner

RAM compatibility is dependent on the motherboard, not the processor.

What motherboard are you using?

You should only use RAM that is on the motherboards QVL list (Qualified vendor list).

I have the MSI X470 Gaming Plus

but as far as i know.... motherboard compatibility QVL list tells you that you should stick to the supported memory if you want to activate XMP

but what about running it at stock speed ?

0 Likes

What the QVL list tells you is that the RAM has been tested and is known to work, weather it is at stock speeds or not.

You can try the CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 RAM, but there is no guaranty that it will work.

If you do not want to go through the "testing" process or you do not have the time or the money, then stick to the RAM on the QVL list.  

already i bought everything... but then i realized that it might not be compatible, so i asked you guys.

Yesterday, i did a test and i powered everything just without putting it into the case cuz still i didn't get my case and i managed to boot to bios. Also activated XMP, Ram frequency changed from 2133 to 2933. does that mean that everything worked ? i don't have windows installed yet.

0 Likes

ameen10, so far your tests have told you little but is it very positive so far.  I would suggest a boot-able memory test such as Memtest86 and let it run for a couple of hours.  If any errors pop up, then go to default timings (all BIOS settings) and run again.  I recommend that when you install W10, please set all your settings to default.  Enjoy, John.

Your RAM Memory is not listed in the MSI Support for your Motherboard : Support For X470 GAMING PLUS | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global .

All the listed QVL RAM Memory for Corsair starts with CMK 16 or 32 in the Module part number. None start with CMK 8. Ryzen CPU are pretty picky about the RAM Memory it uses on the motherboards. If you Computer is running well and is showing the full amount of Memory with the RAM Memory you have installed than stay with it unless you start having weird problems after installing Windows.

Also MSI has a newer BIOS Update from 05/2018 which may help the CPU be more compatible with the Motherboard's Hardware and software.

As mentioned previously, if the RAM Memory is not listed on the QVL List, it means it hasn't be tested for compatibility with the CPU. So it is always best to purchase the hardware listed in the Manufacturer's QVL list for the best compatibility.