Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

noshtrly
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2400G - Crashes on Game Starts/Runs With Two Cores Disabled

Hey,

I put together a mini PC last week which is mainly to be used for office work. I do, however, want to play a game once in a while. I have absolutely no problems in Windows and I can do anything I want. As soon as I start a game though, the computer just restarts - without a blue screen or error message. I can then boot the system normally again and everything works.

My components:

AMD Ryzen 2400G
ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac (BIOS 3.40)
HyperX HX430C15PB3K2/16 Predator DDR4 16GB (Kit 2x8GB), 3000MHz CL15 DIMM XMP
Windows 10 Pro

Unfortunately, I don't know what the problem could be. The drivers were all installed from the ASRock website and the ram is compatible according to the ASRock website.

What I have done so far:
1. I have already ran the sticks (ram) individually and also tried them in both slots and they both seem to work fine on their own. Memtest86 was running for a couple of hours without any errors. If I put them in together, Memtest/the pc crashes after approximately 2-3 minutes.

2. I've re-installed Windows and installed the newest chipset and graphics drivers directly from the AMD website.

3. I've loaded the 2 available XMP profiles and also played around with the timings etc.

4. I've re-flashed the BIOS (ver 3.40)

5. I've booted the system and started games with only one ram module. With only one module the game/pc doesn't crash.

6. I've disabled two cores within Ryzen Master. With two disabled cores, the game/pc doesn't crash.

Why isn't the system crashing with two disabled cores? o.O
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply
nickjackalson
Adept III

Hi

Looks like power spikes overloads your PSU causing restarts, what is it's rated power?

I had a A10-7850k mini PC with 130W rated PSU, at 95W TDP setting for CPU the system was resetting, but 65W TDP setting was ok for the PSU

0 Likes