Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

walshbj19
Adept I

Ryzen 2400 Graphics Issue

Good Morning,

I'm at the end of my rope here and have exhausted all of my, admittedly, limited ideas on how to fix my issue. I have attempted to put together the following build:

Ryzen 2400g

ASRck AB350M Pro 4

EVGA G3 650

Corsair Vengeance LPX 8gb (2x4) (running at default 2133)

ASUS PCE-AC55BT/Wireless Card (PCIe)

IO Crest 4-port SATA 3 PCIe

SanDisk 240gb ssd

I have put this thing together, ripped it apart, and reinstalled windows probably 15 times by now. Every single time I get the AMD gpu drivers installed, my monitor does this weird split-screen thing (see attached). I have tried running AMD's uninstall to do a clean driver sweep and DDU and every time it gets back to installing the AMD software, this problem comes back up. I have RMA'd my first APU from Amazon, returned and replaced the MOBO and I'm still getting the issues. It's clearly, to me, a software problem that I cannot figure out. The display works fine, connected to my laptop without issue, and is currently functioning on the windows generic display gpu.

Any ideas? I did get it to work for about a day or two and then it seemingly went to sleep and woke up with this problem. TYIA!

0 Likes
1 Solution
adb1979
Adept I

I have your answer, and you will not like it

I suggest making sure that you have your power button option set to shut down your PC incase your screen vanishes like mine has before you turn off your PC.  Then you need to pull your 4x PCIE card, turn your PC on, problem gone, put card back, problem comes back.!

I know this because I have (this gets confusing fast) 2x, PCIE 2 x2 cards each providing me with 4x SATA ports, I also have 2x separate PCIE x1 NIC's.

I first discovered this after building my new server using the Ryzen 2200G and the ASRock AB350 PRO4 motherboard.

My testing, 1 of the PCIE x2 storage crads in euither of the (physical PCIE x16) slots and I get a screen bifurcation, followed by the right side going to the solid desktop colour and then the left side screwing up, it did this on a clean fresh W10 x64 Home N (EU version) install with drivers from the CD, as well as from a fullupgraded W10 using Windows installed drivers.

Putting the storage cards in and out (for testing) didn't seem to wreck the OS and likewise the add-in NIC's. I also have an old x4 PCIE2 "RAID" controller (glorified software RAID) that served me well (now retired but known to function as I used it last week), a Highpoint RocketRaid 2320, also did the same thing.!  Interestingly, the screen screwed up once when I was moving data across the network, the server continued to function correctly, just without any display.

I found this thread whilst looking for PCIE lane bifurcation and whether Ryzen supports PCIE 2x cards at all.? Now it looks like it might be x4 cards as well, AND / OR both the ASRock AB350M-PRO4 and the AB350-PRO4.  Or even the new Ryzen APU's.! more on that... The last thing I did on this build was to try and upgrade the BIOS / UEFI and it reccomendd going back to an older version...... so a short while later I ordered the cheapest AM4 CPU with graphics I could, so I can then upgrade the BIOS / UEFI to one in which my Ryzen 2200G will function (I had to pull my 1700X from my main PC to get this mobo up and running and I will spend £45 to not have to do that again!).

So I now have a new AMD A6-9500 APU on its way, which I will first and foremost test with the above mention cards and build, I will report back sometime tomorrow evening UK time.

View solution in original post

25 Replies