Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: Ryzen 1800x crashes and restarts on its own without warning

This is a known issue for 3D Studio users, their forum is loaded with gripes. Expect a fix to surface eventually.

Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Since I reinstated my overclock (3.9ghz 1.375v) I haven't had any BSODs. And for reference I use the same ram, as 3200mhz. Also, Warning for Gigabyte X370 Motherboards - Latest BIOS Will Kill Ryzen Chips

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Now i bought computer with 2200 $ and CPU is crashing...everything compatible with AMD and now i cannot sell it or use it and it cannot be useful ....THANKS AMD FOR VERY BAD SUPPORT never i will not use AMD again and i will not advice to use it at all...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elite
Elite

Hi. I am trying to look for the specs of your ram, is it this:

CMU16GX4M2C3200C16B

It is set:

Density: 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Speed: 3200MHz

Tested Latency: 16-18-18-36

Voltage: 1.35V

The Asus prime x370-pro is very picky on things from what I've seen on the internet. I assume you have the latest bios on it, try to set it at the XMP but rate it at 2666Mhz at the specified 1.35V. The 1.2 to 1.25V is for the 2133Mhz base setting.

I am currently using a 1700X on an Asrock B350 Pro4 AGESA 1.0.0.6A bios with G.Skill 16GB x 2 RipJawsV F43000C1416GVK at XMP and 1.35V set at 2933Mhz.

Be quiet Pure Rock CPU Cooler

Sapphire RX 470 OC Titanium 4GDR5 on dual display with 17.8.1 driver

Antec True Power Classic 550W Gold

Primary SDD, 1 TB work HDD, 2 TB file and system backup HDD

Delta VX 1000VA UPS

Windows10 Home 64bit

Customize Balance Workstation power plan option with processor power management minimum processor state at 36%

I don't have 3Ds Max installed but runs it on SpecViewperf12.1. I use IRONCAD with KeyShot6 and so far it runs all cores without a problem. I also ran Corona, Indigo benchmarks and Flat Demo of Redway3D that runs all cores for a hour to just check on stability. I kept the 1700X at stock settings but just worked on the ram to get close to its rated speed.

I also used OCCTPT4.5.0 for 5 mins to test the ram stability on 2666 and 2933. At 3022 it fails, as I might have to change the timings and voltage and I don't want to stretch it further as I want stability.

I don't play games, just for work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Thanks for you answer ..

Actually i replaced the ram because i thought maybe it cause the problem ....now my ram is 16 GB 2* (G SKILL F4-2400C16S-8GFX ) and it is working with 2400 mhz and the problem still happening ... i updated the bios of motherboard also to last version ... it is working with every things well ...just when i am rendering with 3ds max after about 10 minutes the display turn off and computer isn't responding to any things and i should reset it to work again ....

yesterday i made test ..i put big fan in front of case and it took more time to stop ..it took about 2 hours then the problem happened  ...but the temperature isnot high it is max 74C...but it stopped...

I made all thing default without any OC with AMD Ryzen balanced ...and i sent to nvidia also and they gave me some tips to do it in control panel of GPU but nothings changed

really i don't know what i should do....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

I have been in contact with AMD Tech support for the past week. I conveyed our problems and concerns, they have formally noted the issue (which they must have known already) and conveyed the same to the developers team.

I don't know what to do or what to expect now !

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

There's this thing I am noticing here since past 3 days.
While rendering in Vray I prefer to choose 'Bucket' as Vray image sampler. But 3 days ago, by chance, I let it render on 'Progressive' image sampler and to my amazement, the PC never crash !
It went on rendering for entire day without any 'BSOD'.

Whenever I choose bucket, it crashed. But somehow Progressive never crashes.
Can anyone else please cross confirm this by trying this on your own Ryzen 1800x ??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

could be that the software you  are using has some issues, see if there is an updated version

the last update from windows had several issues I have uncovered so far

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Same config, same problems...

Ryzen 1800x, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte AX370-Gaming K7, Windows 10 Pro

The crashes only happen while rendering (I'm using Maxwell Render).

My system just shows black screens and then reboots...

I had a (very light) OC active and used Maxwell to test the system

stability (F4 BIOSs and below), but with every crash I reduced the performance

and I'm now back at stock settings. Exchanging the RAM also did not help

in any way.

Just upgraded to BIOS F6 (because I had this on disk and didn't see

there's already F7 available :-) and trying to trash the system, but it seems

to be stable for now.

Although, well, the summer is over and the CPU temperature is now ~5K

below of what I saw during the summer (~60..61°C with the biiig double Noctua).

Couldn't this just be this "Linux GCC compile" bug, everyone is talking about?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

There are several known problems with Linux

I recommend all use the latest BIOS and do not overclock

better to run at stock speeds till the dust settles

0 Kudos