Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Ryzen 1700x, vcore spontaneously jumps to 1.45+

Hi, as the title says, some times my vcore jumps to 1.45, and it doesn't matter what I'm doing. Something as simple as opening the browser or Skype can make it jump. However, it's only momentarily, it's not constant 1.45. The newest game I have is Mass Effect Andromeda, when I play that game (on ultra settings), it's running at 1.256 vcore without any volt-swings (with 4 cores running at 3.5 ghz). The maximum my cores have reached is 3.9 ghz. My temperatures seem quite high as well. I've used AMD Master Utility, CPU-Z and HWMonitor, they all show the same. I'm running with the newest BIOS update. I haven't touch any settings, these values are from default stock settings. However if I disable "Core Performance Boost" in BIOS, my CPU only ever reach 1.208 vcore, and the cores never exceed 3.4 ghz.

My spec is MSI Tomahawk B350 motherboard. 1700x Ryzen. Corsair 16gb 3200 mhz (running at 2400 though) ram. Corsair 750w PSU. RX 480 gpu.

ryzen vcore.png

I have attached a screenshot of the info from HWMonitor. These values are quite usual, though I've seen my temperature over 80 degrees.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Ryzen 1700x, vcore spontaneously jumps to 1.45+

Maybe I should specify that my questions are why the vcore jumps like this, 1.45 seems very overkill, and whether my temperatures are too high?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Elite
Elite

I think HWMonitor still misread the cpu voltage. With my R7 1700 sometimes it shows 4.2 when my system is not over clocked at all. If I use HWiNFO64 v5.50 and CPU-Z never displays that voltage level. I use to run openhardwaremonitor which was more reliable with the FX chips however developers haven't updated a version to run with Ryzen cpus.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the same "problem". I have a 1700x on an Asus prime x370-pro and I got the same readings also from bios and Asus software with all bios settings on default, VDDCR CPU randomly jumps from ~1.25 to ~1.45

01.jpg02.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

sounds normal at defaults.. mine jumps from .380 volt too 1.49. you cant let it on auto.. set cpu at 1.375. my ghz was jumping from 3.6 too 4.098.. so you need to stabilize the voltages.. ! since ryzen frequency goes by the voltages it will jump around... 1.375 should keep you good at 3.8ghz if not bump it up a little.. . set it in bios not win software.. software bad idea..!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

it probably did hit 4.2 since its only reading 1 core at a time. also depending on your bios temps and voltages are not reading correctly in some software.. get the bios updates if you haven't and stabilize that bad boy .... also amd master is a good software to have if you don't have it yet...

0 Kudos