Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

joelgermain
Adept I

Ryzen 1700x extrem temperature 236°c

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if I was the only who had their cpu record a strange extremely high temperature. 236°c. Not that afraid, never saw that before but this is sure to be a very very weird behavior.

New high 236c cpuy.jpg

For the record, my computer is :

asus x370-a prime with bios 5602 (septembre 2021)

Ryzen 1700x stock (average under full oad is 62°c)

corsair h80i cooler

32 gig ram.

Thanks all.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

core temp sometimes do that, its a bug and not the real temps.

Just try another version and/or exit the software and re-launch it again. Things will go back to normal.

I'm using 1.16 and this version never had the bug at least.
Use other probing utilities to double check if the boards sensors are at least ok.

Hardware info sensors only
OCCT and stress test
Utilities from your manufacturer, EG: ASUS Armoury Crate or MSI Afterburner (this last one works for everyone)

The Englishman

View solution in original post

4 Replies

At that temperature your PC would have shut down a long time before getting that hot.

The Maximum Operating Temperature of your 1700X is 95C and it TDP Rating is 95 Watts.

Sounds more like a misreading of the CPU or Motherboard Thermal sensor by the Monitoring software you are using.

See if Ryzen Master shows the same extreme temperatures. Most likely it won't unless you have a defective Thermal sensor.

0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Geez that's a PC meltdown.

In all seriousness disassemble your PC.

Remove the CPU and check for bubbling cracking or warping.

Do the exact same thing with your MOBO focus around and in the CPU socket and on the back behind the CPU socket.

also look for deformed swollen burnt/blackened components on your MOBO.

This is either a serious hardware failure or conflicting software. If it is the latter you may be lucky or you may have been hit with one of the old school Trojan Viruses that literally try to make your PC hardware cook itself by pegging the clock speeds on all hardware till the system fries. This latter is very unlikely but it isn't impossible. 

Check your PSU take it out of the case and give it a good smell. If you smell that acrid scent of burnt electronics or the same smell you encounter around welders/metal workers also known as ozone. Burning metal gives off O3 and copper being the primary component in PSU will give a very noticeable odor.

Check all your internal cables from your PSU and reseat them if no damage is found also check the AC power cord itself you could find a well done rodent and obvious damage to the cord.

236C is hot enough to soften gold. Gold is the primary metal used in construction of CPU's if that temperature was actually reached I'm sorry to say but both the CPU and MOBO are scrap even your storage devices ram and GPU may have taken moderate to severe damage.

This could also be the result of a power surge caused by your local power grid a lightening strike or a faulty PSU.

Unless proven otherwise the PC may have been on an already overloaded interior home power circuit. This can also cause a major power surge. 

Hi,

core temp sometimes do that, its a bug and not the real temps.

Just try another version and/or exit the software and re-launch it again. Things will go back to normal.

I'm using 1.16 and this version never had the bug at least.
Use other probing utilities to double check if the boards sensors are at least ok.

Hardware info sensors only
OCCT and stress test
Utilities from your manufacturer, EG: ASUS Armoury Crate or MSI Afterburner (this last one works for everyone)

The Englishman

so that was it. CPU core temp software was having some wrong info because my other software all detected to a max peak of 67°c.

0 Likes