Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Ryzen 1700 stock core speed variation?

Jump to solution

I have a new Ryzen 1700, ASUS Prime B350-Plus motherboard, 16Gb DDR4 -2166 MHz, ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070.

The bios, core speeds, and voltage is set to the factory settings. No overclocking. When I run the Ryzen Master program it shows that the cores are running at different speeds at idle, although they are all set for 3000. Cores 1-4 are 2700, 5-7 are 2400, and Core 8 is 3000. Is this normal? I bought the system as a open box item and my concern is that the system might have been messed with and something damaged..

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Ryzen 1700 stock core speed variation?

Jump to solution

Nope, they adjust power states faster than it can be displayed, and the Ryzen profile splits the difference between High Performance and Balanced as far as aggressiveness in clocking is concerned, so it will linger in higher clock states longer.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

If you are using the Balanced or Ryzen power profiles, then yes, it will clock down under idle conditions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I am using the Ryzen power profile so I understand the clock down. Core 8 staying at 3000 shouldn't concern me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Nope, they adjust power states faster than it can be displayed, and the Ryzen profile splits the difference between High Performance and Balanced as far as aggressiveness in clocking is concerned, so it will linger in higher clock states longer.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Kudos