Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Ryzen 1700 + RX480 Crash To Desktop - No Error Message

Hi

In advance, sorry about the English...

I've had my Ryzen 1700 for about two months now, and have had problems from day one, but can't really find anybody who's having the same issue.

My setup:

Ryzen 1700

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

MAI x370 gaming pro carbon

Corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 16 gb 3000 mhz (running at 2400mhz)

EVGA G3 750W

Samsung 840 pro

When ever I'm playing a game at 1080p (2560x1080) just about any settings, it will at some point crash to desktop without any errors.

At first I thought it was my RX480 card, that was broken, so after tests with another PSU it was returned and replaced with the 1070.

But it's still kind of the same. It doesn't crash as often, and before it shut down completely, but it's still doing it.

Tested with:

Witcher 3

Assassins Creeed Syndicate

GTA 5

Does anybody have any suggestions on how I go from here or what to test?

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Ryzen system ctd when under load

your not playing in windowed mode right thats a no no.. also with 1080p being so low and easy for ryzen, ryzen then kicks down thinking it dont need to work hard. that has to do with the ccx  or mmx in the cpu. this bios just released addresses the 1080p issue. gigabyte  and asus have the beta bios already in forums and working good. the official hopfully will be out this week to fix that...

i do know it was mentioned in the beginning the 3000mhz sticks of ram where not recommended had problems, every proccessor has what they call a hole maping and 3000mhz is ryzens hole. also not sure f corsair under clocks very well or not..

as a added note make sure to try not runnning odd number timings on your sticks ryzen dont like that. say 17 19 15 on your first 3 timings.

Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Personally, I would suspect memory stability when a thread crashes. You can try beefing up SOC voltage, DRAM voltage and maybe Vpp.

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I actually resolved by doing one of two things or both...

1: overclocking the CPU.

Right now it's running at 3.7ghz and 1,3125volts

I don't know if it wasn't getting enough power or what the hell it was, but

2: Un-installing all MSI bloatware

I know it's knot really bloatware, but still...

After uninstalling it, the temp of the CPU is way more stable.

rebelyell​ - I did try to use windowed mode in GTA and it actually made things better, but still not good. But ofc it's a completely different experience now that it's working.

gigabytes​ - Do you have any suggestions to what they should be set to?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Ryzen 1700 + RX480 Crash To Desktop - No Error Message

3.7ghz should be ok at 1.375 maybe splash more. soc 1.1875 will have you covered, dont go over 1.2 ..bump up your ram volt (.5) over stock for those sticks keep it happy..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Would tend to agree, I expect 3.7ghz needs more then 1.3125v to be stable. Don't forget with a overclock you need enough power for all the cores to run at that frequency.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

you do know when running in window mode anytime a notification or app type service starts up or windows scheduler does anything like diagnostics ect window will drop to task bar right.????? just sayin.

0 Kudos