Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

johnfromdon
Adept I

Ryzen 1700 not fitting into MB

Jump to solution

Hello

I have just bought a lovely Ryzen7 1700 and an ASUS Prime B350M-A/CSM AMD Ryzen AM4 DDR4 HDMI DVI VGA M.2 USB 3.1 mATX B350 Motherboard.  However, it appears that they will not go in together.

Images of the 2 items.

Can someone help please?

TIA

John

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stone_age
Adept III

Re: Ryzen 1700 not fitting into MB

Jump to solution

That is not a Ryzen. There is a rash of sales on ebay and other sites of people selling Ryzens and shipping anything from a old socket A to Pentiums. That CPU pictured could be anything from a socket 754 to AM3+ but it's not a Ryzen.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Jump to solution

Where did you buy that processor? That is not an R7 1700, a real one looks like this:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 specs

mrphil17
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Your CPU is for AM3 socket. Can you post a picture of the other side?

0 Likes
stone_age
Adept III

Jump to solution

That is not a Ryzen. There is a rash of sales on ebay and other sites of people selling Ryzens and shipping anything from a old socket A to Pentiums. That CPU pictured could be anything from a socket 754 to AM3+ but it's not a Ryzen.

View solution in original post

johnfromdon
Adept I

Jump to solution

20170901_181708.jpg

Hey MrPhil, it seems wiping off the TIM has revealed its true intentions.

0 Likes
johnfromdon
Adept I

Jump to solution

I bought it from Amazon.  I have reported it. I may call and discuss with them as well.

Thank you for your response.

0 Likes
johnfromdon
Adept I

Jump to solution

If you see the photo above, you are right.

I bought it from Amazon.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Amazon is good about taking care of it, if you bought it from Amazon themselves and not a third party seller. My first 1800X box was empty, the bottom seal had been cut and processor removed. I contacted them, gave them the box serial number, and they sent out a replacement without any fuss. Seems like some idiots in the return department aren't properly checking returned units before sticking them back on the shelves, which is allowing for scams like this.

johnfromdon
Adept I

Jump to solution

Yes they have been very supportive.  Looking at the box, you can now see how the security label that stuck the lid closed was totally missing,.  I guess in hindsight, I should have realised at that stage, but when you see the sexy box and the promise of that wonderful HSF and processor, you get stuck in.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It's why I've started video recording all my box openings with my cell phone. Doesn't take much extra time and gives that extra bit of security.