Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Ryzen 1700 CPU multiplier not responding

I am stumped.

I can set the Multiplier in BIOS but when I boot into Windows I am still at the stock settings.  All my other BIOS changes take effect, just not the multiplier for my CPU.  I have tried in Ryzen Master as well and no luck with that as well.  What gives?

Ryzen 1700
Gigabyte Gaming K7

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Ryzen 1700 CPU multiplier not responding

do you have bclk or core clock set too 100. or it has nothing to multiply. set to manual?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

BClock is set to default 100

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Asus Strix RX 480 8GB with latest drivers 17.6.2 if memory serves

Windows 10 Pro...completely up to date

Gigabyte x370 Gaming K7

Ryzen 7 1700

Thermaltake RGB Toughpower 750W

480gb BPX SSD

1TB Seagate HDD

etc..etc..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

did you flash bios with one from a forum? i had 1 lock my cpu multiplier would not work.???? reflashed with better one from safer location... 1700 anything past 36 or so is considered overclocking. your cpu is not xfr but the board is.. does turbo work or is cpu stuck at 3.0. or 3.7 . ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

The CPU would work just like it was factory fresh stock instal, with Turbo working.  I still haven't gotten the multiplier to work as I have it set in BIOS.  I did however reinstall Ryzen Master and I can set it in Ryzen Master and it takes effect. SInce I can now effectively overclock again I guess just using Ryzen Master will have to suffice, but I much prefer handling all my OC from the BIOS.

As for the BIOS I was using the F4D Bios from Gigabyte, and when the problem occurred I decided I would check for BIOS updates, which their is a Beta Bios version F4E which I am currently running.  I have had this system since shortly after the Ryzen Launch, and this is the first time I have experienced anything regarding the multiplier not working. 

Once again I appreciate your suggestions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Exemplar
Exemplar

well did you set it to manual or let it on auto? turbo should be off too. and dont make changes in bios until you disable ryzen master if you do.. something isnt set right somewhaere

0 Kudos