Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

nicolasgz
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Ryzen 1600X stuck a 2.2Ghz, unable to reach 3.6Ghz

Hello,

I have upgraded my computer, and now run a Ryzen 1600X on a MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, along with 3200Mhz Corsair DDR4, all under Windows 10.

However, the CPU clock is stuck at 2.2Ghz and the performance I get is far from exceptionnal:

CPU-Z tells me that my CPU is running at 22 x 100Mhz. How can I get the CPU to run at 3.6Ghz , as it should ?

I have tried the "high performance" power profile, and the dedicated "ryzen" power profile with no luck. BIOS is up to date (1.30 as we speak), Windows and AMD chipset packages as well.

Thank you for your help, I don't quite know where to look...

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
tobi1990
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 1600X stuck a 2.2Ghz, unable to reach 3.6Ghz

I have the same Problem my Ryzen 5 1400 CPU is stuck at 15.5 x 100Mhz. Already reinstalled my OS and upgraded to newest Drivers and BIOS 1.30 on my MSI B350 Mainboard. Also tried the MSI Command Center to Change the Multiplier but it wont go up.

0 Kudos
gkeawe
Challenger
Challenger

Go into the BIOS and load default settings, restart and test to see if issue has been resolved. Re-enter the BIOS to fine tune as needed. Let me know if it resolves the issue.

0 Kudos
tobi1990
Adept I
Adept I

After I updated to the new MSI 1.4 Bios that came out my CPU works as it should

gkeawe
Challenger
Challenger

Good to hear, MSI seems to rolling out BIOS updates pretty quick now. Good job MSI

0 Kudos
fezzik77
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

My ryzen 5 1600x is stuck at 2.2ghz. I have done everything that I can think and I am still stuck at 2.2ghz. With that frequency I should have stayed with my fx 8350. Can someone please help?

0 Kudos