Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kidamd
Newcomer

Ryzen 1600 XFR overclocked

Hello all,

My situation is as follows. I got a Ryzen 1600 on a Gigabyte X370 Gaming 5K motherboard. I overclocked my cpu changing the the first p-state. My CPU is running now 3,9Ghz @1,406V with a 38,25 multiplier and a blck of 102. I use a NZXT Kraken X62 AIO as CPU cooler.

When I am playing a game that is heavely singlethreaded or using prime95 and stressing only two cores (with cpu affinity to only 2 core) then Windows taskmanager tells me the clockspeed of my CPU is ~4,05/4,15 Ghz. I got the feeling that XFR is kicking in and rising the clockspeed a extra few hundred Mhz. I want to confirm this with other tools like CPU-Z and HWIFO64 or RyzenMaster. Those tools only show me 3,9Ghz (38,25*102).

So is my CPU running on 2 cores 4,05+ Ghz or is it limited to 3,9 Ghz. Does XFR show up in tools that i am using or not?

Thank you for your help.

edit: i ran my PC on stock settings and i see the same behavior. The maximum clock speeds are 3,4 Ghz in all the tools, but in Windows Taskmanager the clockspeed is showing 3.6Ghz. The maximum core boost of the Ryzen 1600.

0 Likes
1 Reply
misterj
Big Boss

kidamd, I do not OC so can't answer your questions.  I do recommend you try Ryzen Master and trial version of AIDA64.  Ryzen Master is the gold standard and will show you all core frequencies updated regularly.  Please download the latest version from the AMD site and install it.  When I run it with no OC and just normal W10 messing around my 1950X shows all cores mostly running at 3.7 GHz with occasional cores going to 4-4.1 GHz for a few seconds.  AIDA64 has an OSD (On Screen Display)  feature and can show updating core frequencies.  The trial version does mask some results to encourage you to purchase the full version.  I have been using it many years and am very confident of it.  DL it from the AIDA64 site - Extreme version.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes