Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Ryzen 1600 System Crashes During Gaming

Hello everyone,

First build and its a Ryzen! Games like overwatch and BF1 crash computer anywhere from the loading screen to very early in a game. Black screen, keyboard and mouse off. Tower stays on. Fans spinning, no noticeable change in speeds. Have downloaded monitoring programs to verify that temperatures are in an acceptable range. Anywhere from 30 to 45c on the GPU and CPU. Attempted to use a friends RX 480 with the same results. I would like to note that I can play Rising Storm 2 Vietnam for 3 hours plus before resulting in a crash. Sometimes earlier though. I tried reseating Ram and CPU. Attempted 1 stick at a time in many configurations. No luck. Tried adjusting RAM clock speeds and some light overclocking settings for the CPU. Everything attempted was done so individually. Changed the PSU from a EVGA 650 to n EVGA 750. No change. Ran Furmark, prime95 never resulting in a crash. Also I am utilizing the Ryzen power plan downloaded from the AMD site. No change after using this. GPU drivers are current from NVIDIA.

BUILD:

MB: Ryzen X370 Killer SLI/ac

CPU: Ryzen 1600

GPU: Asus 1060 6gb

RAM: Geil Evo X 2x8gb

PSU: EVGA 750

SSD: WD 250gb

HDD: WD 1tb

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have been battling for weeks. Cheers

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Exemplar
Exemplar

Re: Ryzen 1600 System Crashes During Gaming

whats all your voltages set in bios too? i see most people running these at 2666mhz as with all 3000mhz sticks.  more info is needed and pics of bios if possible would help alot.

did you manually put timmings in for sticks  as you should? , too many fail crashes due to wrong timmings  error the sticks and can damage them.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Timing for Geil Evo X is set to 15-17-17-35 voltage 1.35. Only using 2133Mhz. Very Unstable it seems if any higher. Computer will cycle on and off several times before posting and shut off in game even sooner if I raise the Mhz. Utilized the XMP profile but turned the Mhz down to 2133.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I ordered some G.Skill RAM. Should arrive tommorrow. The Asrock x370 sli/ac QVL only had one type of geIL RAM listed. The G.Skill purchased is on the list. Hopefully this will resolve the issues. I thought this set of geIL RAM i had came recommended for this type of Ryzen setup. Probably a slip up on my behalf. I hope it is at this point. Thanks. Will keep you posted.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Installed Gskill RAM. Seemed to have worked but to my dismay the problem persists. Ran Overwatch for maybe 10 minutes before dropping out.

0 Kudos
Miniboss
Miniboss

Try resetting everything to stock, non overclocked settings.  Leave the RAM alone.  Let the bios decide what it wants to run.  See if that helps.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Ive attempted to run everything with auto and default settings from the start and have since tried it again. I think there is an issue with the MB. I think I have done well to rule out any other hardware. Been speaking to some folks on Tomshardware as well. Im contacting Asrock. See where that gets me. Thanks! Im still open to any other possible solutions in the time being. haha

0 Kudos
Exemplar
Exemplar

when it boots and reboots thats the ram training process but. that shouldnt keep happening once its set.  if this dont get fixed. do yourself a favor and just get the asus 6 hero and be done with it... problem solved.

which g.skill kit did you get?????//////

0 Kudos