Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

milkmee6
Journeyman III

Ryzen 1600 clock speeds not reading properly

Hello,

So I overclocked my Ryzen 1600 to 3.6Ghz with stock voltages for a few weeks and it's been running just fine. I decided to check my temps using HWMonitor and noticed the clock speed was staying at 3.4Ghz, but had a maximum speed of 3.7Ghz. I opened CPU-Z and it was reading 3.4 and fluctuating to 3.7 on occasion. I restarted and checked the BIOS and it was set to 3.6. I am using a GA-AB350-Gaming 3 mobo with latest version. I am not entirely sure when these speeds got changed and messed up though. Could AMD Graphics drivers have anything to do with it? Could it be the Ryzen Master program that I don't even start up or maybe the Ryzen Balanced Power Plan? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
agello24
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 1600 clock speeds not reading properly

is their any motherboard software running that may change the clock speed? like some energy saving software? i know im running an AM3+ board that has an "economy" mode that drops the clock speed down to 1.4 and then boost it up to 3.7 when it requires the performance.

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

As soon as you overclock, all power saving features are disabled. I recommend using the Ryzen Master Tool for monitoring clock speed as accuracy of third party apps cannot be guaranteed.

milkmee6
Journeyman III

I've disabled most energy features. I used the Master Tool, but it also wasn't registering the CPU overclock that was set in the BIOS. Not sure why it was OCed fine and now the issue.

0 Likes