Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

greviously
Adept II
Adept II

RYZEN 1600 100% CPU USAGE WHEN PLAYING A GAME

Jump to solution

Hi using AMD Ryzen 1600 GTX Gigabyte G1 1080 16gb ddr4 ram 2133mhz 2x 120gb ssd and a 1tb hdd 100% cpu usage when Playing any game smells like its going to blow up

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
greviously
Adept II
Adept II

Re: RYZEN 1600 100% CPU USAGE WHEN PLAYING A GAME

Jump to solution

fixed it now managed to put the overclock of cpu up by .25 so its now 3.925 and it seems to work fine now when streaming recording and playing a game

View solution in original post

23 Replies
abaffledwaffle
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hey there, it looks like your post could use more information-- for example, what games? What monitoring software are you using? What else are you doing while playing games? Good luck.

0 Kudos
brucer
Forerunner
Forerunner

Jump to solution

are you overclocking?

Whether you are or not, what kind of temperatures are you seeing?  Do you have enough airflow in your case? I see many folks not getting enough airflow when they build a computer..

Honestly I would ditch the stock cooler, they actually arent that great..maybe a Cryorig h7 or even a hyper212evo..

0 Kudos
greviously
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

i get like 55 degrees overlocked to 3.75 im not seeing the 100% as much now it just feels like the performance gets worse when i overclock compared to stock 1.32v on the ryzen overclock app itself i have lots of air flow i always keep the side panel off  i use a corsair h60 liquid cooler

0 Kudos
greviously
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

when i stream mainly battlefield 1 only happens when i overclock but if i dont overclock i lose fps when streaming and playing if i play arma 3 i get like 30% cpu usage

0 Kudos
necrodor21
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

mine stuck at 50% dont knw why

0 Kudos
brucer
Forerunner
Forerunner

Jump to solution

Just from what you've posted your memory is not the best.. I think you need 3200mhz memory or faster..I think you would see a dramatic improvement..  I run a 1080 also, but I'm also running a 1700 overclocked to 3.9ghz, using 3200mhz gskill memory.. I havent ran bf1, though I have ran star wars battlefront and I think they are relatively the same and mine does exceptionally well.

I think it might be your memory causing it..  How hot is your gpu getting?

0 Kudos
greviously
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

can't be memory as tested my friends G skill trident z at 4000mhz ddr4 does the same if im honest i think its the cpu

0 Kudos
greviously
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

gpu never goes over 70 also overclocked that

0 Kudos
brucer
Forerunner
Forerunner

Jump to solution

But what did the memory run at?  You stated previously it was 2133mhz.. Did your friends memory post at 4000mhz or was it at 2133 also?   What Trident z kit is he using because if it posts at 4000mhz I'm going to buy the same kit myself..

I dont know that the memory frequency would resolve your problem, but I do know the faster memory makes a dramatic difference in performance.

0 Kudos