cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

comisetti
Journeyman III

Ryen 7 3700X Constant Crashes/BSOD

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help or advise me.

---

Specs

---

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-F (ASUS Rog Strix X570-F has also been tested with no success)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz (HyperX Fury DDR4 2x8GB has also been tested with no success)
PSU: Corsair CP-9020093-UK 850 W

I've put together a new build in the last 2 weeks and I have constant crashing and BSOD's.

Programs will randomly close - games, videos, documents, notepad, explorer.exe. There's no specific program or type of program that seems to cause this. Sometimes they can be fine for an hour before just closing, sometimes they won't even open. Event viewer/WhoCrashed almost always blames ntdll.dll.

Once programs start closing, the BSOD comes shortly after. Always a range of error messages including but not limited to: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, MEMORY MANAGEMENT, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. These are the most common.

BIOS settings are default. BIOS firmware was updated to latest version and also rolled back to versions other users have said were more stable - none of these options have worked for me. Updated Chipset drivers have been downloaded to no avail.

Here's what else I've tried that hasn't had any effect on the issue:

- Changing the page file at different stages to all three options

- Installing different Windows versions (1909, 2004, 20H2)

- Testing ram using MemTest and Windows Memory tool (no errors)

- Purchased new ram anyway and tested them the same (no errors)

- Fresh install of Windows not connected to the interent, to prevent any automatic downloads from applying

- Installed all updates from Windows, and drivers for all peripherals from the vendor sites

- Stress tested the CPU and PSU

- Monitored the temperature of components - nothing reaches any temperature that would cause an issues

- Swapped PCI slots for the GPU, installed latest drivers for GPU, installed older drivers going as far back as 6 months (GPU has been working fine for years)

- Disconnected all HDD/SSD and CD Driver not in use

Honestly that's as far as my basic knowledge of computers goes, I'm lost. Does anyone have any ideas?

Maybe the board isn't the most compatible for this processor? If so, what's a more compatible board?

The RAM speed in the BIOS is set at 2133Mhz could this be an issue?

Could the processor be the issue despite the successful stress test? It can work fine for an hour sometimes and others it will BSOD before I can even login.

I use the Windows Home N version - maybe an issue with the missing media pack causing errors? Installing the Pro version is one thing I haven't tried.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

0 Likes
1 Reply
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

I would go to BIOS if I were you. And I would manually set  the CPU Core Ratio value. This value can be tried 34 or 35. This may work if there is no hardware failure. The manually supplied core voltage by 3700x users can be searched and applied by Google search. So BIOS editing can be tried. Or consumer rights can be sought.

0 Likes