Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

sghost
Adept II

RX 6600 & Ryzen 5 3600 opinions

Hello!

I just bought a Ryzen 5 3600 to upgrade from my Ryzen 3 3100. I'm just curious if there will be any stuttering or bottleneck when paired with my RX 6600 (NOT XT). I've heard a lot of good reviews with the two paired together, but I just want some fellow AMD folks's opinions before I install the CPU!

0 Likes
7 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Seem like a nice pair, the 6600XT or 6700 non XT would be a little bit better though.

johnnyenglish_0-1680729596333.png

Even so, You are ready for 1080p gaming and with a touch of FSR maybe some 1440p

Good Luck with the build

The Englishman
0 Likes

Thank you so much!

I'm just hoping I don't have issues when gaming AND streaming

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you solve your problem?

you did upgrade to ryzen 5500 and now you have ryzen 3600.

I think ryzen 3600 and rx 6600 are good combination.

0 Likes

I did get the Ryzen 5500 but it came faulty, and after doing research, the 5500 doesn't work well with the RX 6600. The 3600 works better 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

5500 doesn't work well with the RX 6600? what you mean? can you share information?

0 Likes

I've read people have issues with severe bottlenecking when gaming and lag. It doesn't have great reviews as well. The 3600 has a lot of 4 and 5 star reviews

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

you said you are begginer so do not be afraid of updating chipset driver, gpu driver and motherboard bios.

there is chance to destroy motherboard during new bios installation but still do not be afraid.

do not worry about bottleneck its not very simple to understand I think.

memtest86 you can us to test your ram

cinebench for cpu test

3dmarkfirestrike and heaven benchmark for gpu test and you can use some games where gpu usage is 100% for testing.

ryzen master to monitor cpu and radeon software to monitor gpu.

I use ddu to remove old and prepare for installation of new gpu driver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkNEvIWp2fM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDK0_dAxsmA

0 Likes