cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

astr0h0und
Journeyman III

RX 590 and R3 2200G

i want to ask if RX590 is not bottlenecked by R3 2200G bcs i have huge fps drops (so i play around 30...) and gpu ussage is not on 99% or 100%... but cpu ussage yes.. i mean its a terrible gaming experience and i need help 

games i play (GTA V, Far Cry 5, Apex legends, Witcher 3 , Borderlands 2 or even minecraft lagging...)

0 Likes
7 Replies
vulpine05
Adept II

To answer your question, I'm willing to bet the 2200G is acting as a bottleneck.  However, perhaps there is some tweaking that can be done.  What resolution and settings are you playing games at?  If you're playing at high or extreme detail settings, those will likely have to come down, even if you're at 1080.

As for improving performance, what else do you have in your system?  In particular, I'm curious how much ram you have, the dimm arrangement, and the speed of the ram.  Is this a new PC build, or is it older and you've started having this experience?  Are you sure the games are running off the 590 for graphics and not the 2200G?

0 Likes

i play at 1080 thats true but no matter what settings or resolution i use, its still lagging... the 2200G IGPU is dissabled in bios 

Motherboard is MSI B350M GAMING PRO

Ram is G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz total of 16GB (2x8)

PSU : EVGA 650CQ GOLD

this is like 4 months old PC so its kinda new i think

but strange is... Hellblade senua sacrifice is running nicely at max settings around 60fps... and GPU ussage is also 99%

0 Likes

The R3 2200G is a tad underpowered for uppity gaming cards mostly as the CPU clock speeds are lower than the more expensive processors. That is why I went for the more powerful R5 2400G which does have more horsepower.

0 Likes

so 5 2600 should do the job ? or even 3600

0 Likes

This is to show support

0 Likes

yeah i know thanks, bcs of my B350 the third gen ryzen will work only with bios flash

but i think 2600 should be more than enough right ?

0 Likes

My R5 2400G is all I need, the R5 2600 is adequate too

The R5 3600 does not off any real advantages over the CPU I have now. the SSD is PCIe 3.0 

0 Likes