cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

pallav
Journeyman III

RMA timeline for Processor

I had filled RMA form on 26th Nov. Its been many days but I haven't received any mail with further instructions.

Isn't this unusual. The retailer told me to expect generation of RMA ticket within 24 hours.

Can someone from AMD check what's causing the delay and I intend to submit the faulty unit asap.

Service Request: {ticketno:[8201027602]}

Thanks

Pallav

0 Likes
9 Replies

What do you mean by " The retailer told me to expect generation of RMA ticket within 24 hours"

Did you purchase the AMD Processor directly from AMD Store or from a 3rd party Retailer?

AMD Warranty doesn't go into effect until the Retailer's Warranty or Return Date expires. But if you purchased it directly from AMD Store then AMD Warranty should be in effect otherwise you need to contact your Retailer to have your processor replaced or get a refund.

0 Likes

I bought it from an IT-hardware shop. They don't have any formal return-period system - they just assemble the system and will at-most guide how to claim warranty.

So, they helped me diagnose the problem. Post that, its between me and AMD.

As far as I know, majority here in India buy from online IT retailers or IT-hardware shops. Online retailers provide no more than 7 days return period. For me, its been more than a month, so even if there was a return period, its over.

Checked with AMD India Contact. She said I should get a response to the ticket by tomorrow. So, will wait bit more.

0 Likes

As long as the AMD Processor isn't a Tray/OEM processor and it is considered to be an official AMD Retail Box Processor you have a 3 year Warranty from AMD Warranty which becomes effective as soon as the Retailer/Vendor's Warranty/Return period ends.

But if the Serial Number on the Processor is a Tray/OEM Serial Number then the IT Hardware shop is the one that has the Warranty for your processor and not AMD Warranty which is not covered.

Plus you will need to show AMD Warranty an Official Receipt showing you are the owner and date of purchase.

You didn't mention which AMD processor you have.

0 Likes

It was purchased as an AMD Processor Retail Box which mentions 3 years warranty from AMD. By the way, its AMD Ryzen 5 3600X.

Received a response from AMD finally after 3 working days. They have asked me to share picture of processor on the motherboard with Serial number showing, copy of invoice and details of how troubleshooting declared the processor as faulty.

Will be sending them the mail in the morning and hopefully it should go along fine. Next step is them issuing me the RMA ticket, me submitting the processor at their service centre, them approving it as a genuine claim and finally they shipping me the new processor.

Hoping it all goes through without hiccups. Will share the update here.

0 Likes

I also finally received a response around 6AM EST.  They sent a shipping label.  Would much rather put collateral in for cross shipping.

0 Likes

unfortunately they don't seem to do cross shipping anymore (and are very closed to the idea, tried mentionning it and they only replied that their EULA states that rma have to go the old fashioned way where they ship a new one only after they received/tested the faulty one.

Be wary of the DHL relay you'd be using too, mine took 4 days only to actually get the package in DHL's hands so amd only received it today despite me sending it back last friday :/

0 Likes

DHL in my area isn't bad.  The hub is actually 1.5 hours away but I've had stuff from China that gets here pretty quick.

0 Likes

I don't know if its due to Covid but AMD's RMA process is so convoluted.

They took more than 3 days to reply to my claim asking me to send pictures of processor, invoice and troubleshooting info - this process should be automated and should come right on RMA registration to speed up the process. After sending it, I've finally received RMA ticket today - 7 days have gone by.

Now I'm supposed to wait for Indian AMD team to send me a mail with further instructions, which I'm told will hopefully come tomorrow.

Maybe I'm spoilt by the streamlined services provided by Corsair and Logitech - the only companies that I've dealt with for warranty claims - same-day hand-to-hand closure of issue in one visit.

Hopefully, things will roll through without hitch albeit with little time.

0 Likes
grecoisu
Journeyman III

I haven't received a response yet. I sent mine in on Sunday morning. I hope they process today.

My brothers computer I built is a Ryzen 5 3600 and stopped showing display (x370 Killer with 6.0 bios).  It seems like it's posting but no display.  A6 processor works and another Ryzen 5 3600 worked in it as well. 

It's been frustrating because I've tested another PSU, RMA'd the motherboard, and tested the GPU in another machine.  I can't believe it's actually the processor.

0 Likes