cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Vendetatta
Journeyman III

RMA Reason Valid?

I had purchased a 3600 back in March of 2020 and always had some instability caused. I couldn't track the cause until recently when I replaced a few of the components and determined it was the CPU. At 4.2ghz, it bluescreens instantly. Not even a single core can reach 4.2ghz without causing some sort of crash. The highest my cores will go is 4.05ghz, and I still get some instability and determined 4ghz was the maximum for mine. I had already started an RMA request, which has been approved. I am afraid of sending it off and getting it sent back without a replacement or any repairs, leaving me without a decent computer for a few weeks to a few months and no fix. If it passes the inspection, I am fine with sending it off, although is this a valid enough reason for an RMA?

By the way, I tested it on two different motherboards, both of which experienced basically the exact same clock speeds and instability.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Reply

As long as it's attempting to reach 4.2ghz under its own, as in Turbo or PBO and not manually overclocking, then it's a valid reason.
0 Likes