cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

freitag29
Adept I

RMA Question: What Should I Do Now?

My Ryzen 7 2700x is out for RMA and I got this email yesterday, not really sure what it means, or what's happening as I've reached out to the support rep I was working with twice with no response so far to any of my inquiries. If an AMD support rep wants me to PM any info I redacted out of the email I'm happy to do so.

Dear FREITAG

This is a confirmation notice from AMD Global Customer Care with

regards to Cross Ship Warranty Request RMA# [redacted]. for your AMD

retail packaged Processor(s) in a Box.

Product         Serial#         Result

YD270XBGAFBOX  [redacted]       RETURN RECEIVED

This is to confirm receipt of your defective product which you shipped

back to us as part of the Cross Ship Warranty Replacement.

This completes this transaction and we thank you for your business.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Ok. It's coming. I know what plane it's on, even, and am tracking the flight on FlightAware.

Based on how this process went for me I've got some constructive criticisms to offer to AMD:

• The email that is generated when the return is received is very cryptic and confusing. The language in the email should be clarified and the statement about how this is the close of our transaction should be removed because you receiving my part was not the close of our transaction.
  • An online system where I can check my RMA status myself without responding to this ticket or generating a new ticket or appealing for help on the forums would be extremely useful. Based on the "RETURN RECEIVED" email I got I had no idea what was going on and, until today, support was completely unresponsive. A system where I could check this myself would alleviate headache on both sides as long as the system provides meaningful updates.
  • I didn't know until I got the RETURN RECEIVED email that AMD offers cross ship RMAs. Support could have been more forward about that. Based on my understanding of what I read, AMD only offered RTF RMAs not cross ship RMAs.
  • Because AMD offers cross ship RMAs and paid the return shipping, AMD could conceivably know that I've done my part in returning my CPU as soon as FedEx first scans the item into their systems instead of waiting for it to get all the way down to the RMA facility in south Florida. If possible this should be implemented along side a system for me to check my RMA status myself.

amdmatt Thank You ​ I appreciate you looking into this. I really really do.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

It means that they cross shipped a replacement 2700X via UPS, USPS, or DHL, which you should have received by now, and they have today received your defective 2700X.

Hmm... Unfortunately I just checked and don't have it yet... Didn't know the cross shipping option was available based on my understanding of what I read the only option to RMA these is RTF which is part of why I posted here I'll keep watch for it and hope someone can PM me with some details about my RMA.

I've seen others post it so my own RMA number is 2000258984; if someone could look that up and PM me some tracking info I'd be most grateful. Emails to tech.support@amd.com are going unanswered for days.

Thank you black_zion!

0 Likes

amdmatt

0 Likes

Looking into it.

Thank you

0 Likes

Replacement part should be shipping by EOB today so you should receive it next week.

0 Likes

That's... Pretty disappointing, actually. I thought the email above meant it shipped already, altho it's a bit cryptic so I couldn't really tell.

I'm also really disappointed that email support is ignoring multiple emails from me. I even opened another ticket to check on the first ticket and nobody got back to me there, at least you told me what's going on so thank you for that bit of help...

I see you seem to be based in the UK so I know you may not have it available to you immediately, but could you PM me the tracking info when it becomes available?

0 Likes

Also to be honest I feel a little bit lied to given Kumar said "You will get the replacement part within couple of working days." I thought that meant I would have it here, not AMD would send the shipment "within couple of working days."

0 Likes

Or... Not? Kumar just sent me tracking info showing it'll be here by noon today. Guessing FedEx is flying it up from their super hub in Memphis. Thank you AMD for paying for that still shouldn't be so hard to get information about my RMA but at least my processor is supposedly coming in.

0 Likes

Ok. It's coming. I know what plane it's on, even, and am tracking the flight on FlightAware.

Based on how this process went for me I've got some constructive criticisms to offer to AMD:

• The email that is generated when the return is received is very cryptic and confusing. The language in the email should be clarified and the statement about how this is the close of our transaction should be removed because you receiving my part was not the close of our transaction.
  • An online system where I can check my RMA status myself without responding to this ticket or generating a new ticket or appealing for help on the forums would be extremely useful. Based on the "RETURN RECEIVED" email I got I had no idea what was going on and, until today, support was completely unresponsive. A system where I could check this myself would alleviate headache on both sides as long as the system provides meaningful updates.
  • I didn't know until I got the RETURN RECEIVED email that AMD offers cross ship RMAs. Support could have been more forward about that. Based on my understanding of what I read, AMD only offered RTF RMAs not cross ship RMAs.
  • Because AMD offers cross ship RMAs and paid the return shipping, AMD could conceivably know that I've done my part in returning my CPU as soon as FedEx first scans the item into their systems instead of waiting for it to get all the way down to the RMA facility in south Florida. If possible this should be implemented along side a system for me to check my RMA status myself.

amdmatt Thank You ​ I appreciate you looking into this. I really really do.

Thanks for the feedback.

0 Likes

I am going through the same thing right now. I have been beating my head against the wall, because of that same auto generated email... I can't believe they haven't changed it yet.. The emails prior to the "Cross shipment warranty, completes this transaction" all made sense. But then I saw that email and couldn't follow the logic. Every cross shipment I've ever done has been a literal cross shipment. They also never said that a cross shipment was possible or would happen. By not including tracking info etc I then thought that I possibly missed the package or it had been mixed up with someone else who had a cross shipment replacement.

So thank you for posting this and hopefully they will fix this. 

0 Likes

OH also the original support ticket number is 8200832486. Thank you thank you thank you!

0 Likes

amdmatt‌ I am having the same issue. My RMA is 2000267197 product YD270XBGAFBOX. I received that same email on 5-17-19 and it's now 5-22-19. Could you please look into it and send me tracking info or a eta. Thanks,

Rob

0 Likes